Map correction-Roundabout Problem corrections but still not reflecting on the maps — TomTom Community

Map correction-Roundabout Problem corrections but still not reflecting on the maps

riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
edited January 2019 in Map quality
I reported a problem here 10 months ago: Roundabout Problem and i was assured it was going to be fixed.
With the latest maps (970) both roundabouts haven't been fixed.
I was wondering if there's any update about this.

I opened a new thread because i can't post in the old one anymore.

Comments

  • justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,094 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    If you post the report number here maybe "they" can check out the progress.
  • riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    There's no report number (customer service was never involved).
    Check what MvanAken wrote in the old thread (which i linked in the first post).
    The MSR ID are also in that thread.
  • MvanAkenMvanAken Posts: 459
    Staff
    I checked the ticket (MAPDBO-3179) I created and to my surprise it has not been processed yet. I have informed the mapping department again that they really need to make the necessary changes to have the roundabout on the map correctly.
  • riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    MvanAken wrote:
    I checked the ticket (MAPDBO-3179) I created and to my surprise it has not been processed yet. I have informed the mapping department again that they really need to make the necessary changes to have the roundabout on the map correctly.
    In the meantime i found another roundabout with this problem.
    The roundabout is locate here (45.194759, 9.180476).

    MSR report id: b2d6f772-862b-40f5-bf08-461bc5929b70
    67073653-0c84-4255-a67e-84fa33f02c7b.jpg
  • riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    MvanAken wrote:
    I checked the ticket (MAPDBO-3179) I created and to my surprise it has not been processed yet. I have informed the mapping department again that they really need to make the necessary changes to have the roundabout on the map correctly.
    The problem is still present in the latest 985 map.
    I reported it again: 374e50db-e5a2-4c97-be15-a63d44d601b1
  • Hi riki66,

    I'm busy looking into why this situation has not been addressed.

    Cheers, Robbie
  • Hello again riki66,

    I've reached out to our corresponding Italian mapping department, and it seems that this report had originally been misinterpreted due to an unforeseen internal oversight. Sometimes these issues slip through, but know that we are working towards improving our report ingestion.

    I apologize for the inconvenience this may has caused, but I'm happy to report that this problem and all it's corresponding reports have been resolved, and will be available with the next map release.

    Kind Regards, Robbie
  • riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Awesome!
    Thanks Robbie!
  • riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Robbiebot wrote:
    Hello again riki66,

    I've reached out to our corresponding Italian mapping department, and it seems that this report had originally been misinterpreted due to an unforeseen internal oversight. Sometimes these issues slip through, but know that we are working towards improving our report ingestion.

    I apologize for the inconvenience this may has caused, but I'm happy to report that this problem and all it's corresponding reports have been resolved, and will be available with the next map release.

    Kind Regards, Robbie
    The problem is still present with the latest map 990 :(:(:(
    The roundabout located here (45.058934, 9.260667) still hasn't been fixed (it's the first one i've ever reported with this problem).
  • RobbiebotRobbiebot Posts: 197
    Hi riki66,

    This is very unfortunate to hear. My sincerest apologies.

    The information I had received stated that it was likely due for the v990 release, but due to several technical complications, this is always subject to change.

    If I can find any insight into why this occurred, I will share it here. However, these things often change and are hard to predict with the scope and scale of changes being deployed with each update.

    Again, my apologies for this update not making the date I had suggested it would.

    Kind Regards,
    Robbie
  • riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Robbiebot wrote:
    Hi riki66,

    This is very unfortunate to hear. My sincerest apologies.

    The information I had received stated that it was likely due for the v990 release, but due to several technical complications, this is always subject to change.

    If I can find any insight into why this occurred, I will share it here. However, these things often change and are hard to predict with the scope and scale of changes being deployed with each update.

    Again, my apologies for this update not making the date I had suggested it would.

    Kind Regards,
    Robbie
    With the latest 995 maps every roundabout i reported has finally been fixed!

    Thanks again Robbie!
  • RobbiebotRobbiebot Posts: 197
    Hi riki66,

    You are most welcome, I'm happy I could be of service.
    Once again, my apologies for the wait. :)

    Cheers,
    Robbie
  • sergebirosergebiro Posts: 158 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hello,

    Would you be able to check the status of the following reports on MSR ? Here are the IDs:
    553d8edc-4ba6-4a3f-93a5-15a5d899c8db
    48d2c9a5-7ad7-44ec-a30d-f23aa9e08345
    0066e2f2-ff63-4430-aa6e-e17b8001c5f6
    0d461421-17b8-4db3-8dd5-fef649ddeeea

    These reports have been "pending" since Sept. 2017...

    Thanks!
    Serge
  • riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    I found another problematic roundabout:

    d93babc8-760c-4d00-9e56-8e0977f2109c
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category0