Spark- Rewind and fast-forward within a playing track — TomTom Community

Spark- Rewind and fast-forward within a playing track

johnrebusjohnrebus Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
Is there some possibility to rewind or fast-forward within a playing track? Im used to listen to the audiobooks with long tracks / chapters (e.g. 15 - 30 min.) and need to move to the appropriate time within the track. If there is no possibility - could it be possible in some future upgrade of the software?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169 Superusers
    johnrebus wrote:
    Is there some possibility to rewind or fast-forward within a playing track? Im used to listen to the audiobooks with long tracks / chapters (e.g. 15 - 30 min.) and need to move to the appropriate time within the track. If there is no possibility - could it be possible in some future upgrade of the software?

Like the resume function brought up in your otehr post, this has been brought up before but no change has been announced (or hinted at even) regarding changing the music function. The focus seems to be on getting basic functionality (connectivity and accuracy) working, then getting promised updates implemented (phone notifications), so this is probably pretty far down the list. I imagine getting music controls on the watch itself will come first and then other functions like resume and scrubbing within a track. This one is further complicated by the headphones as they need to be able to get the buttons to cooperate, right now a single press up increases volume and a log press skips a track, I am not sure how they will get the scrubbing in. Possibly it may be a watch function with a "skip 30 seconds" sort of function on the watch itself. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MikeBRMikeBR Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Yes I completely agree and find it a very strange oversight that there is no way of scrubbing within a track! I have a number of hour-long podcasts, which I keep only being able to listen to the first half of before ending my run. The next day the podcast will only start again from the beginning... annoying!!
    Ideally I'd like to see a scrub function (perhaps as suggested above +/-30 sec) and also a "resume from where you left off" function! I imagine there must be many people in the same boat...