Bandit Camera- Using 3 Axle Gimbal — TomTom Community

Bandit Camera- Using 3 Axle Gimbal

sercolanisercolani Posts: 37 [Renowned Trailblazer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Does anyone know of a 3 axle gimbal that could be used with the Bandit? Seems that pretty much every gimbal is designed for the GoPro.

Comments

• AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 275 [Supreme Navigator]
    sercolani wrote:
    Does anyone know of a 3 axle gimbal that could be used with the Bandit? Seems that pretty much every gimbal is designed for the GoPro.

I don't know for you but when I bought mine there was a GoPro adapter included in the package ... Which work great with the Ram Mount GoPro head I use now.

Have a nice day,
    Anders
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have not heard of any gimbal that works with the Bandit as yet. It is sad as there are 100's for the GoPro. Sadly they are setup for the GoPro and the different weight of the Bandit will affect them
  • Joost.BJoost.B Posts: 17 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I have just ordered the Brofish Mini Stabilizer Pro with a great discount. It should be sufficient for camera's upto 500 grams. The TTB is 190 grams, so with a bit of tweaking the weight it should work.

Will try to make a test-shot once it arrives.

Btw: is it me or are the Tomtom crewmembers on the forums being less and less active? Community is a drying up a bit (probably due to the lack of new improvements lately). Not that much to talk about..
  • sercolanisercolani Posts: 37 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I'm looking forward to seeing your test footage.
  • gl00gl00 Posts: 965 [Revered Pioneer]
    Joost.B wrote:
    Community is a drying up a bit (probably due to the lack of new improvements lately). Not that much to talk about..

yeah... probably this... and probably winter too (shorter days mean less opportunities to film) ;) can't wait for snow season !
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Joost.B wrote:
    I have just ordered the Brofish Mini Stabilizer Pro with a great discount. It should be sufficient for camera's upto 500 grams. The TTB is 190 grams, so with a bit of tweaking the weight it should work.

Will try to make a test-shot once it arrives.

Btw: is it me or are the Tomtom crewmembers on the forums being less and less active? Community is a drying up a bit (probably due to the lack of new improvements lately). Not that much to talk about..

Not really a gimbal, but I will also be interested in seeing your handiwork

Yes, I noticed it is quiet
  • DitteDitte Posts: 7,280 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Joost.B wrote:

Don't worry, Joost, we're still here! :)
    The Brofish Stabalyzer had been delivered yesterday. It's really easy to mount on the TTB using the 1/4" adapter. With a slight adjustment of the weights on it, the TTB is easyly balanced. I tried walking around a little bit and it seems to stabilize normal movement quite wel (walking etcetera).

Will try to make some test-footage this weekend.

What I'm wondering is, wether it has sufficient damping on high speed movements such as snowboarding (which I use it for mostly). If it's not sufficiently balanced, I have some idea's on how to tweak it. But maybe that's getting ahead of things. Also I will have to try the grip wearing gloves. The grip seems somewhat small..
  • Valentijn MunstermanValentijn Munsterman Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Joost.B wrote:
    The Brofish Stabalyzer had been delivered yesterday. It's really easy to mount on the TTB using the 1/4" adapter. With a slight adjustment of the weights on it, the TTB is easyly balanced. I tried walking around a little bit and it seems to stabilize normal movement quite wel (walking etcetera).

Will try to make some test-footage this weekend.

What I'm wondering is, wether it has sufficient damping on high speed movements such as snowboarding (which I use it for mostly). If it's not sufficiently balanced, I have some idea's on how to tweak it. But maybe that's getting ahead of things. Also I will have to try the grip wearing gloves. The grip seems somewhat small..

Where is the footage :o ????

And im wondering how you mounted the TOMTOM action cam to the brofish ;)

Oh and if TOMTOM has an idea about a stabilizer, we would like to hear from you guys as well!
    Haha forgot to upload. I will show you soon enough!
  • Valentijn MunstermanValentijn Munsterman Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    would be awesome and some pics and instructions to mount the tom tom system to the stabilizer ;)

Are you happy with the video quality?
    Have not forgotten! The camera is on a road-trip at the moment (me not included).
  • abdul qayyumabdul qayyum Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can this brofish be used on the chest strap? Mountain biking videos make me dizzy but i like the angle from the chest. Pity that bandit studio doesnt have stability software.
  • sercolanisercolani Posts: 37 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I find mountain biking videos difficult to view as well. I've been experimenting with the Youtube stabilization features and have actually had some pretty good results from that. The problem is that you can't add the video overlays and stabilize the video in post processing because it does weird things to the overlays that make them unusable.
    Can this brofish be used on the chest strap? Mountain biking videos make me dizzy but i like the angle from the chest. Pity that bandit studio doesnt have stability software.

Nope.

Still had no time to edit a video.. Will make time. I'm having as much time as the TTB dev. team. :P