TT Bandit Camera- Switch to sleep mode during recording (Solution:Format SD-card!!) — TomTom Community

TT Bandit Camera- Switch to sleep mode during recording (Solution:Format SD-card!!)

CoolhandCoolhand Posts: 52 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Yesterday had a great time goKarting with my son and friends, however after multiple heats I reviewed the files and found out that the bandit only recorded between 4,5 and 7,5 minutes of video per heat. Camera operated just fine days before, recording video's in extent of 15 minutes!

Tried switching between 2,7K and 1080 ==> No difference
Tried switching GPS off (racecourse was inside an old factory (bad GPS reception)) ==> No difference.

Found a thread on this great forum mentioning that an SD-card format would solve this problem, this was not an option during the race as multiple videofiles were on the card.
Back home transferred al the files to my laptop and formatted the card, followed by a videorecording as long as the battery would last. ==> Worked perfectly.

So to avoid this issue ==> Format card before use!!!! I made this now part of my workflow. After transfer of files, format card using the camera (not windows).

Just a tip.

@Moderators, maybe this could be a question in the app after transferring the files ==> "Do you want to format the card".

Comments

• ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Coolhand, if you are repeatedly having these types of problems we would recommend changing to one of the SD cards on our recommended SD cards list http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20128/~/which-memory-card-can-i-use-with-tomtom-bandit?

I can personally recommend the Samsung EVO 64GB, I have used these over and over again without any performance issues.
    https://www.dataio.nl/samsung-64gb-micro-sd-evo-met-adapter-uhs-i-class-10-48mbs/
    The first SD card I used, one of the cheaper SanDisk ones had read/write errors similar to the ones you described.
  • AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 275 [Supreme Navigator]
    Chris wrote:
    I can personally recommend the Samsung EVO 64GB ....

Hi, do you think I will be fine using the 128Gbyte version of this Samsung card? Seem to work great ...

Have a nice day,
    Anders
  • ChrisChris Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    128 GB should be fine, I find that the 64 GB SD card more than exceeds my needs.

I copied this chart from the above link

df081087-11e1-4502-9371-7569d4cd23e2.png
  • AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 275 [Supreme Navigator]
    Hi again,

Well, since I find the 2.7K mode to be the sharpest I will probably use that and scale it down in post editing so I will probably achieve around 8 hours or so which is great. :cool:

Have a nice day,
    Anders
  • CoolhandCoolhand Posts: 52 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Chris wrote:
    Hi Coolhand, if you are repeatedly having these types of problems we would recommend changing to one of the SD cards on our recommended SD cards list http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20128/~/which-memory-card-can-i-use-with-tomtom-bandit?

I can personally recommend the Samsung EVO 64GB, I have used these over and over again without any performance issues.
    https://www.dataio.nl/samsung-64gb-micro-sd-evo-met-adapter-uhs-i-class-10-48mbs/
    The first SD card I used, one of the cheaper SanDisk ones had read/write errors similar to the ones you described.

Hi Chris, Just bought the 64Gig Evo card. Will be trying today.

Thnx.
  • xatrixxatrix Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've experienced the same problem with tom tom camera. It stops from recording after few minutes.
    I read this post and decided to change sd card and bought samsung evo 64 Gb. But unfortunately it doesn't help me. The camera still fall into sleep after random period of time.
    I noticed that happens only in 2.7k mode. In 1080p x 60 fps mode camera work fine (with both sd cards).
    Any thoughts, guys ?