Runner- How long track log able to store? — TomTom Community

Runner- How long track log able to store?

UjtordaiUjtordai Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
edited December 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hi All,

My question is,

How long track log able to store a TT Runner Cardio watch without overriding (average long track log in km)?

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,516
    Superusers
    Ujtordai wrote:
    Hi All,

My question is,

How long track log able to store a TT Runner Cardio watch without overriding (average long track log in km)?

Thanks in advance:)

It will easily record dozens of hours of activity, distance will depend on your space, the sensors you have on, etc. It will not override anything, when it is full it will alert you and shut off. You are going to run out of battery long before you run out of storage.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • UjtordaiUjtordai Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you
  • runkatorunrunkatorun Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Actually doesn't help me much. I'm going to Nepal for a month, intend to walk every day but probably not far because of the altitude. Do the watches (I have 3 Runners) fill up the memory based on the time they're using GPS or the distance covered?

I could then work out whether I have enough memory capacity based on the number of hours I intend to walk and the distance I travel.

Battery life will not be a limitation, as I intend to take a battery powered USB charger and charge any flat watches.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,516
    Superusers
    runkatorun wrote:
    Actually doesn't help me much. I'm going to Nepal for a month, intend to walk every day but probably not far because of the altitude. Do the watches (I have 3 Runners) fill up the memory based on the time they're using GPS or the distance covered?

I could then work out whether I have enough memory capacity based on the number of hours I intend to walk and the distance I travel.

Battery life will not be a limitation, as I intend to take a battery powered USB charger and charge any flat watches.

They fill up based on the amount of data collected which is based on how long you use it, distance is irrelevant. If you are standing still for three hours with GPS and HR on, it will take up the same amount of storage if you were walking for three hours, the same amount of data was collected. There is no direct correlation between hours of use and storage as it will depend on the number of sensors used, the mode it is in and other factors. But it has been reported to be many dozens of hours.
  • runkatorunrunkatorun Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks. I'll test on the weekend with stationary data collection.

Pity that TomTom doesn't make this clear anywhere in their documentation.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0