Metrics on Android- MyDrive app

JonNZ
JonNZ Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
I have a Samsung S7 Edge and have just purchased a GO 6100. MyDrive on the actual device and on my PC are in metrics but the MyDrive app on my phone (android) is in imperial. How do I change it to metric?

Comments

• MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Moderators and Admins
    Hi Jon,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your feedback!

The app currently doesn't have a setting for this but the units are set based on your OS language/country settings. On the browser version of MyDrive you can change the units in the settings.

I'll log this as an improvement request for the product team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • JonNZ
    JonNZ Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks, it's rather unfortunate that the android version does this. My wife's iPhone 6 MyDrive app shows distances in metrics and she loves it when her apple does something my android can't. An update for android would be much appreciated.
  • G R
    G R Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    8 months on, any progress in adding the metric feature? Crazy in a metric country when trying to do route planning. Have to have a calculator at hand.
  • basix
    basix Registered Users Posts: 486
    Superuser
    why don't you try changing your phone's setting to english new zealand (or some other locale that uses the metric system)
  • G R
    G R Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Ha ha thanks for that. Had assumed my language was set to New Zealand. Checked and it was USA. Changed and all good, back in the metric world.
  • peter.mahr
    peter.mahr Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I would also like to change my MyDrive unit settings to metric, without changing my country setting. Any news when this update will be forthcoming?
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,151
    Superuser
    @peter.mahr

Click on 'Settings' and change the units :-20aa1a7b-d523-406a-b877-f061423eedee.jpg
  • Spectrix
    Spectrix Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Seeker
    There is no option on the android 'mydrive' application that allows for metric units.

As far as changing the language, on my phone there are only two English options:
    English - United States or
    English - United Kingdom,
    both of these countries use Imperial to measure distance.

Tomtom - Please spare a thought for the 98% of the population who use the Metric system.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer]
    [Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321
    Supreme Navigator
    Spectrix wrote:
    As far as changing the language, on my phone there are only two English options:
    English - United States or
    English - United Kingdom,
    ???
    828b92cf-9613-4571-87ad-fbde04c4a4c1.jpg

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/mydrive-route-planning-shows-miles-not-kilometres-1034083/index1.html#post1221245
  • Spectrix
    Spectrix Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks, but there are many different variants of Android. Some do not have an option of Australian or New Zealand English.
    This is what my phone lists:

ac68be97-cb5e-4a2c-b389-aa0a2d4a5915.png
  • sfab
    sfab Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello. My routes in MyDrive are also shown in miles on my Android (Samsung Galaxy A5 A520F), apparently without being influenced by the language setting (tried English-New Zealand, German-Germany, Czech-Czech Republic). Does anyone have an idea?
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer]
    [Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321
    Supreme Navigator
    sfab wrote:
    Does anyone have an idea?
    It's a known issue that TomTom does not care about.
    And it speaks English all over the world (more or less).

00f740b0-3b4e-4fbd-9873-dc29678c35cd.jpg