batt stick loose? — TomTom Community

batt stick loose?

Frenzy382Frenzy382 Posts: 33 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Hi...

When you take the batt stick out, does/should the end (circular piece) have a slight bit of movement in it? If i hold one end of the batt stick in one hand, then hold the circular end in the other, you can feel a very slight movement..about 1mm max? Is this usual, or has mine worked it's way loose.

I'm concerned that this will then lead to something bigger further down the line.

thnx.

Comments

• the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Master Traveler]
    I think that is normal, I have a slight play in mine as well
  • Frenzy382Frenzy382 Posts: 33 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks the-civvies,

Good to know/hear. What with other rattles etc this cam has, I was worried that this was another one that was going to cause trouble.
  • JaaksJaaks Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    If you have a thorough look at the mechanics behind the batt stick you will see that there is a little clip that holds the "cap" when it is removed from the camera. Once inserted the camera depressed this clip thus releasing it, now you actually rotate the cap as it is loose and then lock it into place on the back of the camera. This ensures the battery is secure and that the O ring makes a watertight seal.
  • Frenzy382Frenzy382 Posts: 33 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi Jaaks,

Yep..I did see the clip etc. However, it seems that whether the batt stick is fully inserted into the cam (and locked into place), or it's outside the cam, the very end of the batt stick still has slight play.

Like the-civvies has stated...it seems to be normal...??