Rider 410- Volume too low ? — TomTom Community

Rider 410- Volume too low ?

Deuce RiderDeuce Rider Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited January 17 in RIDER
I have just purchased a Rider 410 to replace my old Rider 2. But the volume on 410 makes it unusable when paired with my Scarla G4. The instructions start very low and gets louder but not loud enough even when the 410 is set to 100%. Also when used in the car it is still not loud enough when set to 100%. How can I get more volume out of my Rider 410?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,344 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Deuce

Welcome to the forum:)

Sorry to hear about the low volume issue on your RIDER 410. Have you updated the device with the latest application v16.2?

If the device is on the latest application then please do a factory reset and pair it again. To avoid losing the saved placed you can back up your device using MyDrive, see here.

Hope this helps..

Regards
    Vikram
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 726 Superuser
    Currently you've to adjust G4's volume, too. You can do it only when you hear a sound or voice from the Rider.
  • eldawidoeldawido Posts: 206 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Just tap volume rocker in your G4 during voice message from Rider 410.
    Let us know if the voice stay clear when you switch on data transmission (tomtom services).
  • Andrei-709Andrei-709 Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    the same problem , but y want to ask you something , wend rain your rider 400 work???
  • AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 271 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hairy7 wrote:
    i know the headset is OK as it works with my passenger and if setting the volume on the 450 it will sound high enough when setting but not when travelling, is this a new issue with up-dates ??
    Hi,

Well, you need to adjust the headset volume while there is an announcement from the GPS. Just adjusting it while there is no announcement will not work ...

Have anice day.

Anders
  • Hairy7Hairy7 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hairy7 wrote:
    i know the headset is OK as it works with my passenger and if setting the volume on the 450 it will sound high enough when setting but not when travelling, is this a new issue with up-dates ??
    Hi,

Well, you need to adjust the headset volume while there is an announcement from the GPS. Just adjusting it while there is no announcement will not work ...

Have anice day.

Anders