MySports Connect- Watch not recognised — TomTom Community

MySports Connect- Watch not recognised

EFREFR Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, my GPS Multisport is not pairing with the Connect software. When I plug it to my PC it just charges but does not transfer data. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting it several times, but it does not work. Any suggestion?'.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,916 Superusers
    EFR wrote:
    Hi, my GPS Multisport is not pairing with the Connect software. When I plug it to my PC it just charges but does not transfer data. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting it several times, but it does not work. Any suggestion?'.

Are you getting any error messages when you plug the watch in or is it being recognized at all? Does the clock face change to a battery charging icon (which indicates it is getting power so there is a partial connection). A few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):

1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
    2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
    3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
    4) Is the USB plug free of any debris or blockages?
    5) Is the Connect software actually running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
    6) Did you install MySports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
    7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
    8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
    9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
    10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?

In particular, make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle. If it does not have a full connection it will charge but it will not be recognized by the computer. It seems simple but this is generally the issue. It needs to fully click into the cradle and it may help to take it out of the band to do so.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • EFREFR Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Many thanks. It paired following the steps you mentioned.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,916 Superusers
    EFR wrote:
    Many thanks. It paired following the steps you mentioned.

Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • KMortimerKMortimer Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My watch is not recognised and when connected to computers says that the device has malfunctioned and is not recognised. When connected to the computer it charges but it doesn't connect any more and won't pair via blue tooth either
  • KMortimer wrote:
    My watch is not recognised and when connected to computers says that the device has malfunctioned and is not recognised. When connected to the computer it charges but it doesn't connect any more and won't pair via blue tooth either
    Hi. There are 2 things to try
    1. Disconnect the watch and run the program
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom\MySportsConnect\bin\RegistryDeviceCleanup.exe
    that will remove all knowledge of TomTom devices. So when you next connect the watch Windows should reinstall the drivers.

2. Connect the watch in 'Factory Recovery' mode to see if it recognised and if do a Recovery Mode reset. See the bottom of this page
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17393

If neither of those work then it may be a physical problem and you should contact support directly.
    Regards,
    Stuart.

Uninstall the drivers and reconnect the watch to see if it is then recognised. To do this run the pogram