How does one enter coordinates (lat & long) into the TomTom Go Mobile app? — TomTom Community

How does one enter coordinates (lat & long) into the TomTom Go Mobile app?

Troy TempestTroy Tempest Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I briefly found myself with the 'Go' app last weekend when I tried to update my UK & Ireland iPhone app. I didn't like it at all, and I've managed to revert to the 'old' app now, but if I give it another try I will need to know how to enter a location to navigate to in the form of coordinates. This is how I normally enter my destinations, so that I can aim for a very exact point. From what I recall from the app there weren't many options for entering a destination, or am I mistaken?

Best Answer

Answers

• Troy TempestTroy Tempest Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ah. Thanks for that; I stand corrected.

In mitigation, I did lose my old app the very morning I was departing on holiday, and I really needed it. I Had loads of favourite locations stored in it for the holiday, and I think I lost them all. I was in a bit of a panic at this stage, with lots to do apart from messing about learning a new app. And I certainly didn't have the reference guide to hand.

I have my old app back for the moment, and it does seem easier to use to me. (Like, it actually gives the word 'coordinates' as an option for navigation, rather than just an icon.)

I think I will stick with the old app.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online7

Mike Tham
Mike Tham
+6 Guests