VIA 280 - saving favourites to computer — TomTom Community

VIA 280 - saving favourites to computer

bob_un38bob_un38 Posts: 14 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in MyDrive Connect
I have read the instruction on how to save my favourites, which says to click on 'manage my community content" but cannot find that in any part of the logged in window for my via 280. there is a 'community' button but still can't see instruction how to save favourites, only the community question section.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,333
    Superusers
    With MyDriveConnect running and your 280 connected to the computer, right click on the tomtom icon in the notification area of the computer next to the clock. A link, 'manage community content' will appear. Click it. Now you can add or save pois, voices, etc.

For example, here's what it looks for me with my device connected to the computer and Manage Community Content linked:

367ce1cf-ce51-43e6-ae8b-6ae515586270.jpg
  • bob_un38bob_un38 Posts: 14 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks very much for that, they said nothing in the web instruction about 'right' clicking that icon they only say to click on the item. I opened that page and I think I have saved the favorites to the computer, I am only doing as the last map update was seemingly not done correctly and the casual advice from the tomtom help desk said to reset the unit which would mean I loose everything set up, but reluctant to do that. I would rather reload the map if possible but cannot find anyway to do that. If I delete the map then not sure if I can still reload it even though I have a free lifetime map upgrade licence. thought I would try and wait for the new updated map and see if that improves the issues with the unit not saying the street name correctly for all streets. seemed say a lot of garble, but not for every street just some.
  • AussieBob01AussieBob01 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Just found this - thanks. If and when I need to copy addresses back to Via 280, how do I do this ?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,680
    Superusers
    Hi
    @AussieBob01

Re... Your NAV3 Device.....
    Get the latest MyDrive Connect Here.....
    www.tomtom.com/getstarted

Method (1)
    (1)... If you’re running the latest MyDrive Connect… The menu has changed slightly.....
    (2)... With your device turned on and plugged into the PC USB port
    (3)... MyDrive loaded and the MyDrive showing on the PC Taskbar
    (4)... RIGHT CLICK On the Tomtom Icon on the PC Taskbar
    (5)... Click on the link "Manage Community Content" (See below image)

The below image is 2X normal size65ca4ceb-3ca6-4a4b-bf85-0f0455e9577a.png________________________________________

Note... If you're using Hidden Icons on your PC's Task Bar
    (1)... Click on the up arrow ^ Icon on the task bar to access the Tomtom Icon
    (2)... RIGHT CLICK on the Tomtom Icon
    (3)... Click on the link "Manage Community Content"

bd4428ef-8606-4d8b-a4d8-f3b613829c17.png________________________________________

Method (2)
    Direct Web Address link to "Manage Community Content"
    (1)... With you device turned on and plugged into the PC USB port
    (2)... With MyDrive loaded and the MyDrive showing on the PC Taskbar
    (3)... Click on the Link below to open the "Manage Community Content" page

http://169.254.255.1/pcmi/?locale=en_gb

After using Method (1) or (2) to access the "Manage Community Content" menu install your .Ov2 and associated .bmp file Here.....

aca811fa-8513-49df-8494-4e69892b73f0.pngATB YFM
  • AussieBob01AussieBob01 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Ok. Thank you for taking the time to answer my inquiry.
    I am still a little confused.
    When I open the "Manage Community Content" I see the file to be saved to the computer and have saved it without a problem.
    To load it back, do I click and expand the "Add POI" button directly below the "Community POI on Device", similar to your Windmill" and W_H_Smith" as show in your screen shot above?
    Also I have in file explorer a new file with the extension .ov2 but no .bmp file.
    Regards Bob
    PS Where is the button - Mark as a solution? I want to click it
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,680
    Superusers
    Hi
    @AussieBob01

With the "Manage Community Content" window open
    click on the Browse button (Shown in the red box in my post) to open the PC Filer system... Find your Saved "Favorites" .Ov2 file and select it... Click on the "Install" button (Shown in the red box in my post)

If you haven't a .BMP file your device will use a Tomtom generic icon instead

I think its only the original poster who started the thread, that can mark the reply as a solution

ATB YFM