New GO Mobile for iPhone v1.2 available for download — TomTom Community

New GO Mobile for iPhone v1.2 available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a new v1.2 of the GO Mobile for iPhone and it's available for download in iTunes.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
  • Search for addresses and POI at the same time with your phone in landscape orientation thanks to a new side-by-side layout (iPhone 6/6 Plus or higher only).
  • Search your contacts by name and easily plan a route to their location.
  • Quickly plan routes to work via a new shortcut in the main menu (set work location first).
  • Match the volume of voice instructions with the music playback volume using a relative volume control slider.
  • Select the Menu, Back and Drive buttons more easily when your phone is in its holder, with larger tappable areas around the buttons.
In addition, the app is now ready to receive map updates. You will be notified in the app when a map update is available for download.

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• J-KJ-K Posts: 17 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Drive to work shortcut button isn't available on iPad mini retina and resolution is nasty as before
  • HerbaldewHerbaldew Posts: 26 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Drive to work shortcut button isn't available on iPhone 5s either.

Contrary to what is stated, "Search for addresses and POI at the same time" is available on my iPhone 5s.
    Drive to work shortcut is meant to be available on iPhone 6 and newer models only
  • PolarMonkPolarMonk Posts: 41 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Are you kidding me, Mikko? This is not an update, it's a bug fix for some issues, and there are no new features at all. Is this the best TomTom can do in TWO months since the last "update"?? It's a bloody disgrace, showing total disrespect to their customers, who paid good money for an app that doesn't live up to anyone's expectation. Please don't take it personal Mikko, but I really would like to know how you feel about this.
    As soon as Google or Apple maps include speed cameras if they ever do then bye bye to tomtom from me
  • Steege2Steege2 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Can't find the route to work shortcut and volume bar change on my iphone 6s
    When do we get the functions we had in the old app. This takes way too long
    Ah found the work route, you need to set your work location in my places
    Found the new volume option also, it is in the voices menu
  • GPS200GPS200 Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I don't have drive to work shortcut button and I'm on iPhone 6 Plus.

I only have Drive Home one.
    Go to my places and right at the bottom you'll see option to add your work location. You'll see drive to work button on main menu after you've set your work location
    Set it up in my places
    Can't download any new maps at the moment gives me an error
  • ndugundugu Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Still looking for the «essential» option to import my favorites (iCloud) from the former TomTom App for iOS.
    Summer hollidays are real close now!:?
    Don't get too high hopes about TomTom adding these features anytime soon.
    Don't even have to put that much effort into reporting bugs and requesting new features on a free open source software
  • BastardSheepBastardSheep Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I reported this in the other thread but I'll post it here too. The new "Drive to work" button pushes down other options, most notably the "report speed camera" option. With both a "Drive home" and "Drive to work" option, you now need to scroll to get to "Report Speed Camera".

Surely a feature you want people to use WHILE DRIVING should be available without scrolling, with the least distraction and with the least diverted attention?
  • Mr Blue SkyMr Blue Sky Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Has anything been done about the really bad battery consumption rate and high phone temps. on 6S Plus? or am i still stuck with 2D viewing?
  • BastardSheepBastardSheep Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Tried deleting and re-installing the app? I have the same phone, I don't get that. At all. Battery consumption is the same as the previous TomTom app, what I would expect from something using the GPS all the time. When on power, it charges at the same rate as it did under previous apps. Doesn't heat up any more than it did under the previous TomTom app.
  • Mr Blue SkyMr Blue Sky Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Have tried deleting and re-installing on advice from TT support as speedcameras had not installed. They also were aware of the temperature issue and said they were working on it. Same temp issue after both installs really although not had chance to check v1.2. It's fine on 2D, only gets hot and wont charge (due to power consumption) when on 3D view.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 317 [Supreme Pioneer]
    PolarMonk wrote:
    Are you kidding me, Mikko? This is not an update, it's a bug fix for some issues, and there are no new features at all. Is this the best TomTom can do in TWO months since the last "update"?? It's a bloody disgrace, showing total disrespect to their customers, who paid good money for an app that doesn't live up to anyone's expectation.
    Totally agree that the two months wait for v1.2 does not seem worth it for the few visible changes. I can only hope that the main code has been changed in readiness for future changes - however due to past experience of TomTom's "upgrades" I'm afraid that I don't hold much hope.
    PolarMonk wrote:
    Please don't take it personal Mikko, but I really would like to know how you feel about this.
    Please don't shoot the messenger as Mikko is the only known TomTom representative who's talking to us. I get the impression that whilst Mikko passes on our wishes and requirements to the TomTom development team, the TomTom development team ignores most things - This is a thing that needs addressing from the CEO downwards.
    J-K wrote:
    As soon as Google or Apple maps include speed cameras if they ever do then bye bye to tomtom from me
    I really can't see why people are so happy to use TomTom speed cameras, in my experience the cameras are not up-to-date and certainly doesn't keep up with the addition and removal of temporary road works SPECS. IF you want a decent speed camera warning system try a different app for the iPhone, it's independent of the SatNav app.
    PolarMonk wrote:
    Please don't take it personal Mikko,
    This indicated that I'm not shooting the messenger. But I really would like to know how all this is communicated with the developers or their supervisors. I can't imagine them feeling great about all this.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 317 [Supreme Pioneer]
    PolarMonk wrote:
    PolarMonk wrote:
    Please don't take it personal Mikko,
    This indicated that I'm not shooting the messenger. But I really would like to know how all this is communicated with the developers or their supervisors. I can't imagine them feeling great about all this.
    Yes, I know. Sorry I should have included a smiley. :D

The fact that Mikko interacts with us is great but I really do get the feeling that Mikko is the only one who cares what the customer feels and wants. Let's face it, anybody especially any TomTom employee from the development team to the CEO can (and probably does) lurk in these forums to gauge what we the customers think and want.

What I don't understand is that surely TomTom can see that they have an opportunity to improve their product free of charge (no costly consultation company required) and make their product into something that could blow away all competition. Yet the feedback from TomTom (by releasing v1.2 with little apparent improvement) is that TomTom simply doesn't care.

Now, if TomTom had said "hey, we've just released v1.2 although you won't see much changes we've done a lot of hidden work in readiness for future improvements" then it would have been a different story.

At the end of the day we're using a beta (if not an alpha) release of the product for free - however on the other hand we're providing feedback for free! :cool:
  • simagesimage Posts: 18 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I really can't see why people are so happy to use TomTom speed cameras, in my experience the cameras are not up-to-date and certainly doesn't keep up with the addition and removal of temporary road works SPECS. IF you want a decent speed camera warning system try...

I was using custom POI's for speed cameras with a really good database (including my own corrections) since in my country the speed cameras are illegal on gps and there is no way to enable it in TomTom. Since I have a special status here (actually the car does) I can use speed camera warnings but there is NO way to get them on my app. So using old app for cameras and new just to check the delays - which are pretty spot on.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online29

Bembo
Bembo
jeanpierr
jeanpierr
reddog1708
reddog1708
Riebesehl
Riebesehl
s-i-g-g-i
s-i-g-g-i