TomTom Go Model 4CQ01

Acroce
Acroce Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
I need help to see if TomTom still has updates for Go Model 4CQ01 ? They had said I could get free updates for life but if I cant find model on site what do i use? I am frustrated I have tried to get someone at TomTom but they do not have a hot line to call HELP - please

Comments

• justbrowsing
    justbrowsing . .Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 3,074
    Supreme Trailblazer
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,389
     Superuser
    That is not a model name. Identify it in this link:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9521/c/2355

Support:

1 866 486 6866
    Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
    Saturday: 09:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m EST
  • macsoo
    macsoo Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I know it is a year since dhn chased Active away with his ill-informed response. In fact I have the same TomTom Go Model 4CQ01. Yes, that is exactly what it says on the bottom of my GPS Go Model: 4CQ01 . In Brackets beneath that it says (4CQ01.001.03).

So it sure looks like a model name, just not one that dhn has ever heard of.
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,389
     Superuser
    I'm still here and, again, I say that it NOT a model name. That link I provided shows there to find the serial number for devices.
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,143
    Superuser
    @macsoo

The problem lies with the way TomTom describes their devices e.g.
    My device:-
    Model 4EN42 Z1239
    C/N AP4121......
    4EN4.001.02 (version?)
    and here is the rub
    Model name -
    • in Europe START20
    • in US VIA 1400 / 1405
    • in Australia VIA 220
  • macsoo
    macsoo Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I get that Niall and I knew how the lookup link worked before I posted. And I also knew that my 4CQ01 was also known as a GO 2535. What I don't get is how a person could be so narrow-minded as to tell someone who describes the model number on the bottom of their GPS as Go Model: 4CQ01 that it is not a model number. Seriously??