Spark- How do I turn music on? — TomTom Community

Spark- How do I turn music on?

helenmt4helenmt4 Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
Hi
How do I turn music on whilst I am running and my watch is already activated?
Thanks
Helen

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,920 Superusers
    helenmt4 wrote:
    Hi
    How do I turn music on whilst I am running and my watch is already activated?
    Thanks
    Helen

Music is controlled through the headphones; there are no music controls on the watch, so your headphones must have music controls (they need to be A2DP and AVRCP compliant, the two protocols necessary to play music). Once you have connected the headset it will begin playing and you can then start the activity. If you do not connect the headphones prior to the activity there is no way to do it without exiting the activity. The only thing you can do during an activity is pause and press down to change playlists, but you cannot connect headphones and start the music.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • sed74sed74 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    If you do not connect the headphones prior to the activity there is no way to do it without exiting the activity. The only thing you can do during an activity is pause and press down to change playlists, but you cannot connect headphones and start the music.

I think this could be a VERY usefull feature, since it happens often to stop music while training, or start music once the training has already begun.
    Can this feature be added to some sort of "wanted feature"??

Thanks in advance
    sed74 wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    If you do not connect the headphones prior to the activity there is no way to do it without exiting the activity. The only thing you can do during an activity is pause and press down to change playlists, but you cannot connect headphones and start the music.

I think this could be a VERY usefull feature, since it happens often to stop music while training, or start music once the training has already begun.
    Can this feature be added to some sort of "wanted feature"??

Thanks in advance

It has been requested in the past and TT monitors the forums for such requests but will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • IP99IP99 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It's crazy you can't start/stop the music without pausing the activity on the watch. Really needs a software update.
  • jmbsmt63jmbsmt63 Posts: 13 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Start music just before starting activity...pause music if you want...Start activity...You can then play/ pause/skip forward/back using the headphone's controls ... while in the activity!
    IP99 wrote:
    It's crazy you can't start/stop the music without pausing the activity on the watch. Really needs a software update.

You have full control of the music using the headphone controls or pressing all the way up on the watch to get to the music controls. you have never had to stop an activity to pause, only to switch playlists.