Gimbal for the Bandit? — TomTom Community

Gimbal for the Bandit?

ReviewerReviewer Posts: 49 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Has anyone seen a stabilizing Gimbal that can be used for the Bandit? Ideally a handheld version that also can be mounted like say on a vehicle.

Comments

• gl00gl00 Posts: 965 [Revered Pioneer]
    Nope... These things are really specific to a size, weight, attachment point etc. so a gimbal would have to be made specifically for the Bandit camera... Unless TomTom wants to make one, that could do a pretty cool diy project... otherwise one can get approaching results wearing the cam on a helmet or on a selfie stick... Obviously not as good, but better than nothing.
  • ReviewerReviewer Posts: 49 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    gl00 wrote:
    Nope... These things are really specific to a size, weight, attachment point etc. so a gimbal would have to be made specifically for the Bandit camera...

Yes, that is one of the things that have kept me from buying a Gimbal. Have tested a couple of very nice products and would like to have one that does not paint me in a corner.
    But there are some signs that we might see solutions for more than one camera, like Lanparte HHG-01 that can be used both with a smartphone and a Gopro. So we have better keep our eyes open :-)!
  • alloffroadaualloffroadau Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    have a GoPro Gimbal and its excellent, and the lack of a Bandit one prevents me from using it more....
  • sercolanisercolani Posts: 37 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    That looks like it would be a good option @andretti
  • andrettiandretti Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    At Pilotfly they think the Bandit is a little bit to big and that they will have the universal C45 pocket camera gimbal for about 500 euro soon. Thats no laughing matter.
    I still think it might fit though (or made to fit) but 300 an some euro's already is a lot of money :-(