GO Mobile - In-app purchase charged twice
Just be super careful with the in-app purchases on the iPhone. I got charged twice even though the upgrade to Premium was not completed!!
Here's my experience from a couple of days ago:
- Downloaded the Go Mobile on my iPhone 6 (iOS9)
- Tried to upgrade to Premium for 3 years
- Got a 'Purchase failed' message in the app
- Then tried to upgrade to Premium for 1 year (to see if the alternative would work)
- Again got a 'Purchase failed' message in the app
- Checked my iTunes credit (I had just loaded it with a CHF 100.- gift card)... the credit was down to CHF 36.- !!!!! (100.- minus 44.- minus 20.-) :? :
- The Premium navigation was not active and there was no way I could restore any of the 2 purchases!
- I immediately called Apple who agreed very professionally to refund me for this time. They however warned me that if this happened again with this app, they would not make any refunds anymore.
I was willing to pay and support TomTom (who I was a big fan of) but now I'm just pi***d and will not try my luck again anytime soon!
Anyone having had the same issue?