GO Mobile - map and app updates — TomTom Community

GO Mobile - map and app updates

PolarMonkPolarMonk Posts: 41 [Prominent Wayfarer]
I really can't imagine that TomTom is sending its GO Mobile for iOS users throughout Europe with an old map and many features lacking. I can hardly wait for an update since the last one is already two months ago.
Please TomTom, at least give your clients a timeline or some kind of other sign wether to expect an update soon or not. At no time did we ask for anything more than is our right!

Comments

• MikeJamesMikeJames Posts: 388 [Revered Navigator]
    Full Maps are released 4 times a year - roughly every 3 months. So a map update isn't quite due yet, but soon.
    Map updates are continuously released though so your maps won't be too far from correct and quite usable.

As for the missing features of the App, well, try again next summer if your lucky. TomTom are "working on several additions" but cannot/will not give any idea of if/when or even the priority they're giving each.
    Given TomToms's performance with the 6000/5000 etc series, it will be many many months before the App has a full set of minimum features for a navigation product.
    It will also never become the professional and fully usable product the earlier App & Go Live 1005 etc were. They have dumbed-down their 'new' product range to the point of uselessness.
  • PolarMonkPolarMonk Posts: 41 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    It is currently not possible to update the map in the app.
  • RiberoRibero Posts: 42 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MikeJames wrote:
    As for the missing features of the App, well, try again next summer if your lucky. TomTom are "working on several additions" but cannot/will not give any idea of if/when or even the priority they're giving each.
    Given TomToms's performance with the 6000/5000 etc series, it will be many many months before the App has a full set of minimum features for a navigation product.
    It will also never become the professional and fully usable product the earlier App & Go Live 1005 etc were. They have dumbed-down their 'new' product range to the point of uselessness.

I cannot say better :(
  • TomtomByronTomtomByron Posts: 17 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    So far TomTom Go has been a total ripoff. Many months without any sort of update to bring even the old features back.
  • MikeJamesMikeJames Posts: 388 [Revered Navigator]
    I'm afraid to say it was exactly the same when TomTom released their new range (Go6000 etc) 2-3(?) years ago. (I sold mine for peanuts in just weeks)
    It was as if they were a complete start-up outfit who hadn't done any market research.

Features that they had designed and implemented years ago were just forgotten - despite all the hard work (specification, design & coding) already being done.

Worse, they are surprised when customers (yes, "customers" TomTom, do you remember those?) point-out that a feature is missing.

The Go6000 etc are still unfinished and backward devices. The new App will doubtless remain the same for the foreseeable future - and likely way beyond.

As I have stated before: when my Go Live 1005 & original iOS App pass away, that will mark the end of my interest in TomTom, not only because of their dumbed-down to rubbish products, but I will never enter into any type of Pay-as-you-drive marketing model.

Gigantic shame really because TomTom were the undisputed leaders, with the best navigation software, routing and traffic available - and they just threw it all away for some idiot whim.

Sorry TomTom, but you've not been watching or listening - things generally move forward, you're going backwards.
    MikeJames wrote:
    Sorry TomTom, but you've not been watching or listening - things generally move forward, you're going backwards.

Exactly! Today I received a message from Apple that they will cancel and refund €19,99 of my TomTom GO Mobile iOS 1 year subscription. I just don't want to continue with an app like this, without any signs of improvements coming.
    I immediately switched to Sygic.

I've been a TomTom enthusiast for many, many years but this is where is it stops.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi PolarMonk,

I'm sorry to hear your disappointed in the GO Mobile app!

The next update, due soon, will enable map updating. The current maps are just one version behind and the latest was released last week so you're not missing out much there :D

Regarding new features, please see here.

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote:
    The next update, due soon, will enable map updating

Hoi Mikko, that's simply not good enough for me and, as I assume, many others. On planning a route to my holiday address in Austria, TomTom presents exactly one route which cannot be changed by me. That's the least functionality I want in a navigation app.
    But all has already been said numerous times in this forum.
    Luckily Apple has undone my in-app purchase for a year unlimited navigation. Which seemed not te be so unlimited after all.
    MikkoK wrote:
    I'm sorry to hear your disappointed in the GO Mobile app!
    You're sorry, but are you surprised?? You're missing the point here! It's not that the map is one version hehind, it's the principle. That app isn't even capable of updating a map, let alone all other features we want and need so badly. When are you finally going to admit that? You do not seem to realize that TomTom has a HUGE problem on their hands with this ridiculous app. Or they just don't give a damn. And I don't know what's worse.
    I just removed it from my device and it will never, ever return.