TomTom Spark-Adding playlist via iTunes — TomTom Community

TomTom Spark-Adding playlist via iTunes

Majorpro101Majorpro101 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
When adding a playlist out of iTunes my TomTom Spark + Music, My sports connect only sees 27 out of 39 songs in the playlist?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    When adding a playlist out of iTunes my TomTom Spark + Music, My sports connect only sees 27 out of 39 songs in the playlist?

Make sure the tracks are in the right format. If tracks are not in an acceptable format they will not play, nor will the playlists they are in. The watch supports the following music file types:

MP3:
    Sample rate: 16KHz to 48KHz
    Bit rate: 8 kbps to 320 kbps
    Mono/stereo channels and joint stereo.
    Artist, track title and length are displayed for the following languages: English, Czech, Danish, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Finnish and Swedish. Other languages may display correctly if the only used characters available in a supported language.

AAC:
    MPEG2 and MPEG4 AAC-LC and HE-AACv2 are supported.
    Sample rate: up to 48KHz
    Bit rate: up to 320 kbps
    Mono/stereo/dual mono are supported.
    Artist, track title and length for AAC is not supported.

The watch does not support files with DRM of any type. This includes offline tracks from Apple Music and Spotify.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Majorpro101Majorpro101 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh Thank you for the reply but I figured it out. I have my iTunes music in two different locations on my PC. Even though these songs create one playlist in iTunes. iTunes will scan your whole PC for music But TomTom will only look in the iTunes folder. So I moved them all to one folder under iTunes
    Superusers
    tfarabaugh Thank you for the reply but I figured it out. I have my iTunes music in two different locations on my PC. Even though these songs create one playlist in iTunes. iTunes will scan your whole PC for music But TomTom will only look in the iTunes folder. So I moved them all to one folder under iTunes

That will do it. It scans for iTunes but since iTunes is normally in one directory it probably stopped looking after it found the first one.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi. Yes, MySports Connect only scans the current iTunes folder (that is not necessarily the default one), that is all it can get, it doesn't know about any others.

Regards,

Stuart.
  • jadev081jadev081 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    When adding a playlist out of iTunes my TomTom Spark + Music, My sports connect only sees 27 out of 39 songs in the playlist?tfarabaugh Thank you for the reply but I figured it out. I have my iTunes music in two different locations on my PC. Even though these songs create one playlist in iTunes. iTunes will scan your whole PC for music But TomTom will only look in the iTunes folder. So I moved them all to one folder under iTunes
    Thank you so much for posting this @Majorpro101 -- i ran multiple races this weekend using my Runner 3 for the first time and couldn't figure out why my playlist wouldn't upload (manually added files to my watch instead of using a playlist as a workaround)
  • Majorpro101Majorpro101 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can you tell me how you added them Manually to your watch please?
    Superusers
    Can you tell me how you added them Manually to your watch please?
    Plug your watch into a computer and it will show up as a drive, drag tracks into the Music folder on the watch.