Golfer 2 - Swing/autoshot detection explanation, and how to record a stroke manually — TomTom Community

Golfer 2 - Swing/autoshot detection explanation, and how to record a stroke manually

lampardlampard Posts: 5,312 Moderator
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
[h3]Swing/Autoshot detection explanation:[/h3]
The autoshot feature detects all of your swings while only adding one stroke to your scorecard at each location. This means that you can take as many practice swings as you wish and you still get only one stroke added to the scorecard as long as you stay within a range of 15 metres. If you need to record more strokes for one location, for example for a penalty shot or a putt, you can do that easily by covering the screen with your palm to manually record a stroke.

Whenever a stroke is added to your scorecard you hear and feel your watch to vibrate and see a +1 stroke notification appearing on the screen.

[h3]How to record a stroke manually:[/h3]
You can always record a stroke manually by covering the screen with your palm. You see a +1 stroke notification on the screen and the watch vibrates to let you know that one stroke has been recorded.

Note: All putts need to be recorded manually. When you record a stroke manually on a green you see a +1 putt notification to let you know that one putt has been added successfully to your scorecard.

When palming the screen to record a stroke, the watch also saves the GPS position of the stroke. This way you can see your shots displayed correctly in the MySports app.

An alternative way to record strokes is to use the scorecard view and manually move Up or Down to add strokes or putts. However, when recording strokes this way, these strokes are not shown on the course map in the MySports app because the GPS coordinates of these strokes are not saved in the watch.

Comments

• iDjeegoiDjeego Posts: 21 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Doesn't work. 15 meters? No way. Have had 3 shots measured within a meter. Doing a practice swing. Catching a ball and putting my bag down. NOT AS ADVERTISED. Let us have THE option to ONLY add shots manually. But then you'd be admitting that THE WHOLE reason why this watch was made is not working. This is THE second time i'm being made of a fool of by TomTom. Ugh!
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,174
    Community Manager
    iDjeego wrote:
    Doesn't work. 15 meters? No way. Have had 3 shots measured within a meter. Doing a practice swing. Catching a ball and putting my bag down. NOT AS ADVERTISED. Let us have THE option to ONLY add shots manually. But then you'd be admitting that THE WHOLE reason why this watch was made is not working. This is THE second time i'm being made of a fool of by TomTom. Ugh!
    Hi iDjeego,

We're trying to understand what's happening here. Would you be able to connect your watch to the computer so that MySports Connect writes log files and then send us these log files?

After connecting to the computer, the log files are located on your computer following these paths:

Windows: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\TomTom\MySportsConnect
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/TomTom/MySportsConnect/

The file names are Log.txt and Log.prev.txt. Follow this link to create a support incident and send us the log files so that I can download the files.

Thanks,
    Jürgen
    I will do that. Thanks for responding.
  • LeomLeom Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Can you explain why not my clock can records a single stroke. The only way is manually.
    What?
    Community Manager
    Leom wrote:
    Can you explain why not my clock can records a single stroke. The only way is manually.
    According to your connections to our servers you have the watch since about a month. Has it detected shots before?
    The clock has not detected a golf shot on the golf course, just when I have done it manually.

I can try to shake the clock as a golf shot if I have too slow swingto see if it detect the swing.

Regards
    Leif
    Community Manager
    Leom wrote:
    The clock has not detected a golf shot on the golf course, just when I have done it manually.

I can try to shake the clock as a golf shot if I have too slow swingto see if it detect the swing.

Regards
    Leif
    Hi Leif,

Yes, if you start a round and shake the watch is should detect a swing. If this is not the case then I'm afraid this is a case for our support team.

https://se.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/p/4233
    077-662-00-10
    Måndag-Fredag: 10:00 - 17:00

Regards,
    Jürgen
    Tanks I try that.
  • lexyslexys Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    So: palming the screen should record the GPS position. However: on several occasions, despite recording a putt by palming, neither position nor the fact that it was a putt later showed up in the stroke analysis feature on my iPhone.
  • Jamie2379Jamie2379 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Everytime i take a practice swing it counts as a shot no matter what i do. How can I fix that?
    As posted in other sections of this forum, one nuisance is the "inadvertent stroke count". For instance, put hand in pocket: stroke, fold arms in front of your body: stroke, turn your arm while - say - putting a club back in the bag or touching the bag with the watch: stroke. Yes, you can then go back and manually eliminate the stroke. But that "screws" up the measurement of the length of shots, it seems. If a stroke is subtracted manually, the watch should simply disregard all data stored with that deleted shot; if it did that, then you would not lose the distance counter up to the point where you inadvertently recorded a stroke.
    Another feature that is at times not helpful: when the watch does not record having finished the hole. It then sometimes counts the walk to the next hole as stroke - so you end up with a weird shot view in the App later on...
    If not yet done: perhaps the moderator could forward the following suggestion to TomTom. Palming of the watch should only trigger the stroke count if you hold the hand over the screen for a certain period of time: say 5 seconds. That would not interrupt the flow too much and could prevent many inadvertent recording of strokes.
  • EsharkEshark Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Agree with pervious comments purchased this watch two months ago, and noticed that stroke dector add extra stroke when practise stroke taken. Also when arms folded , or hand put into pocket of golf bag.
  • Gerben_pgaproGerben_pgapro Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This function is why I wanted the golfer 2 in the first place, but it's flawed. The auto detection is not working properly. First the buzz is annoying when you finish a practice stroke, second iT records strokes where no strokes were made, screwing up distances from the prev shot. I would suggest making iT possible to turn off auto detection and enable manual as a possible fix.
    I am extremely unhappy with this part of the watch and software and therefore would not recommend the watch to anyone, unless you Guys fix the issue. As pga pro's we were able to but them at a discount, I assume so we could recommend iT to people. Now I feel I have paid too much for iT, even at the discount and I would advise my clients to stay away from this watch. That cant be what TomTom wanted.
    True, i felt cheated with THE first watch. Felt for the marketing of golfer 2. Decided to put my faith in TomTom instead of waiting for reviews. Ive learned my lesson. Never again
  • erik77erik77 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    What I really don't understand with these stroke counting issues, is where TomTom Customer Service is with their replies or passing it on to their After Sales team to make adjustments to the software. Can't be that hard, and it seems many of us are suffering, so imagine how many people in total out there which did not even join the forum? TomTom can you please come up with a solution?
    It's a joke
  • GlynncGlynnc Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My golf partner has the exact same watch, his watch records shots automatically mine does not,what is going off. Very disappointed with this watches performance