TomTom GO Mobile & Daily Map Updates — TomTom Community

TomTom GO Mobile & Daily Map Updates

nrestellnrestell Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
Hi,
Is there any estimation on dates for when android Go Mobile users can get the daily map updates? It is bad enough that we can't use the MapShare feature - and roads by me are changing quite significantly - which means my app constantly tries to send me down roads that are closed/changed and I can't tell the app to not use these roads - but now how long will it be before we get to see more frequent map updates?

I would really like this feature as the frequency of map updates is what usually drives me to other apps (like Waze) as TomTom becomes so unreliable after a few weeks of a map update (if indeed, changes to your local roads are even included in the map update!).

Regards,
Neil

Comments

• jelle1970jelle1970 Posts: 93 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I thought map updates are four times a year
  • nrestellnrestell Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Hi,

I saw this post in the FAQ when searching for map updates: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16175/~/how-do-i-download-free-daily-map-changes?-(mydrive-connect)

Even being able to use MapShare would be a bonus!
  • jelle1970jelle1970 Posts: 93 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This is not available for go mobile.
  • riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Map Share community update will become obsolete when fully working "NDS" maps are released.
    NDS maps allow for daily map updates but a software update will be needed to get things working.
    And who knows how long will it take for both.
    That's my point. Nobody knows when or even if Map Share (or NDS) is coming to the mobile apps. At the moment I paid for a map that, despite being current, is not correct. I could fix these Road closures in Map Share and be routed around then but instead I get directed down them.
  • Ing. Petr KlingerIng. Petr Klinger Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes, is bad when can't use the MapShare
  • timsinctimsinc Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
    Another point of view... who wants to download daily a 5gb map? I'm fed up as it with the nag to update map when I'm travelling for weeks on end, relying only on limited mobile data.
  • EddepetEddepet Posts: 50 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    The daily map updates as in MapShare are pretty small, most of the times not even 100 kb.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,181 [Revered Voyager]
    I miss the far older TomTom architecture where one could make local changes to road directions, closures and turn restrictions and then enjoy those changes immediately and not need to wait for them to be accepted and then re-syndicated back by either MapShare or in a map update.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback regarding MapShare!

With the v1.11 of GO Mobile we released yesterday you can now submit map corrections with the app :D

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

That is certainly a step in the right direction but when will we be able to get those corrections? We still have to wait 3-4 months before we get them in a new map because you won't implement map share downloads or daily updates to the mobile app!
  • Met-MannMet-Mann Posts: 51 [Master Traveler]
    We are still waiting for Map Share, map corrections on own device and NDS!!!