Can you manually add a run to MySports?

cyesi23cyesi23 Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hi All,
I couldn't a get a GPS signal on my Spark today, but went for a 50 minute run. I would like to add this to my history in MySports but I cant see a way of adding, only deleting.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,176 [Superusers]
    cyesi23 wrote:
    Hi All,
    I couldn't a get a GPS signal on my Spark today, but went for a 50 minute run. I would like to add this to my history in MySports but I cant see a way of adding, only deleting.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Unfortunately, there is no way to manually add activities not created by the watch. However, what you can do is create a dummy activity by just starting and then stopping one, uploading it and then editing the data for that to reflect the prior run which you missed. Since the watch did not have GPS I am not sure how you will know how far you ran, but you should have the time it took and an estimate of distance. At least it will get something in the record.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • mvb69mvb69 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @tfarabaugh , why is this the case? It is easy to "create a manual activity entry" option. I am happy with my watch but have also other gear to measure activities (rpm, watts etc on my bike). That means I use other tools to track as well. It is easy to forget to start the watch (or stop an activity for that matter). The limitations by this is slowly pulling me away to other more open, flexible and transparant fitness platforms. Sure this is not what tomtom wants, but this is what you get creating a hardware and platform exclusive lock-in.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,176 [Superusers]
    mvb69 wrote:
    @tfarabaugh , why is this the case? It is easy to "create a manual activity entry" option. I am happy with my watch but have also other gear to measure activities (rpm, watts etc on my bike). That means I use other tools to track as well. It is easy to forget to start the watch (or stop an activity for that matter). The limitations by this is slowly pulling me away to other more open, flexible and transparant fitness platforms. Sure this is not what tomtom wants, but this is what you get creating a hardware and platform exclusive lock-in.
    This is the case because it is how TT chose to implement it. I do not work for them (no one on here does, it is a user forum) so I don't know why they chose to do it this way. Considering they have left the wearables market and are no longer producing devices I would not expect anything to change. They have laid off the Sports staff and I would not expect much beyond bug fixes go forward.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • mvb69mvb69 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @tfarabaugh sorry, indeed I thought you were a TT service employee. I have seen them around here helping me with an other issue. I agree with you. It is a shame though, they do make fine sport watches.