Cycling average speed data — TomTom Community

Cycling average speed data

GalicGalic Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
I've been struggling to reconcile cycling average speed data with other devices - the runner 2 is always slower. I think its because I need to pause the device every time I stop if not, the average speed drops. Can you confirm this is right and if there is an 'auto-pause' facility on the watch?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,924 Superusers
    Galic wrote:
    I've been struggling to reconcile cycling average speed data with other devices - the runner 2 is always slower. I think its because I need to pause the device every time I stop if not, the average speed drops. Can you confirm this is right and if there is an 'auto-pause' facility on the watch?

The watch does not have auto pause so you will have different averages against other devices that do. In addition, many websites that the data can be uploaded to do their own calculations and reanalyze the data to come up with their own metrics (Strava, Endomondo and others all do this), making it even harder to compare across devices and websites. Auto pause has been a fairly regular request since the first watches came out almost 3 years ago but nothing ahs been added so I am not sure it is on their priority list.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • lmrodanlmrodan Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Maybe is the only gps for sports that do not calculates both, the average speed and the movement average speed. In comparison with all gps for cycling Is a big fault do not having autopause.