My watch strap got broken!!! — TomTom Community

My watch strap got broken!!!

BaerSebastianBaerSebastian Posts: 17 [Legendary Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hi! my watch strap got broken, I'm just so dissapointed... it only has 7 months now.

I live in Argentina and TOMTOM products are not available here... what can I do?

My watch as far as I know is the spark 2 (cardio + music) is there any difference between the spark 2 and the runner with cardio + music?

what can i do to make my warranty valid?

Kind regards

SB

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,055 Superusers
    Hi! my watch strap got broken, I'm just so dissapointed... it only has 7 months now.

I live in Argentina and TOMTOM products are not available here... what can I do?

My watch as far as I know is the spark 2 (cardio + music) is there any difference between the spark 2 and the runner with cardio + music?

what can i do to make my warranty valid?

Kind regards

SB

All warranty issues are covered by Customer Support, there is little that can be done on the user forum about it. Call them and let them know the issue and they will let you know what your options are. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen). The number for Argentina is:

Argentina 011-4109-3000
    Lunes-Viernes: 8am - 5pm ART

The Spark and Runner2 watches are identical, the only difference is in the marketing (there is no Spark 2). The original Runner is a different watch and the bands do not fit the Spark/Runner2.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • DiffibekDiffibek Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This is a big problem with the straps. I am already on my 6th one in less than 2 years. This is turning out to be the most expensive watch I have ever owned and Tom Tom have no answer for it. Very disappointing, I certainly would not recommend this watch for this reason
  • CJPiCJPi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    wondering if any one has a succesful solution to either repair or any other option to these faulty straps
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,055 Superusers
    CJPi wrote:
    wondering if any one has a succesful solution to either repair or any other option to these faulty straps
    Go to the self-service site, fill out the form and you will get a replacement, it is very easy. TT may have major problems but they are very good about replacing the straps.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair