Bandit: Anti-rotation clip — TomTom Community

Bandit: Anti-rotation clip

IcharterIcharter Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
How do I get a clip to stop the vibration as seen in the other forum threads.?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,191 Moderator
    Hi Icharter,

Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry for the delay in response. You need to get in touch with the Customer support for this.

Please click 'contact us' link at the bottom of this page to do so.They should be able to help you further in this regard.

Regards,
    lampard
  • JaaksJaaks Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I have the same problem. Asked the support guys and sent private messages but still no response and it getting to be a week of waiting now
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,443 Moderator
    Hi Jaaks

I had a look the contact history on your account but unfortunately I am not able to find the incident number for your contact.

If you can PM me the incident number then I can have a look for further assistance.

Regards
    Vikram
  • aquamanjoeaquamanjoe Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I asked for this clip also but seriously no contact us link?
    And I been waiting for weeks now and need it for this weekend! :( Very disappointed as I switched from Contour's action cam..
    Hi aquamanjoe

You will find the link to contact customer support at the bottom of this page- 'Contact us'.

You can call them or send an email requesting for a rotational clip compatible with TomTom Bandit.

Cheers
    Vikram
    There is no link it the bottom of the page
    aquamanjoe wrote:
    There is no link it the bottom of the page

We do have a 'Contact us' link at the bottom of this page. Just to make it simple for you. click here

Regards
    Vikram
    I don't know where you're looking but this email there is no contact us link all that happens when you click on the provided link you sent it goes to the time time for um web page beginning but even there it has no contact us link. I would provide a picture of both screens that I took but it won't let me attach a picture to this email to show you that there is no contact us at the bottom of either page... I wish it was much simpler to get in touch with somebody from the company but I understand some big companies use it is a cost saver but it sure aggravates the consumer.. so instead of having to go through all this why don't you just provide me with a phone number I can call or an email or something like that since nothing else is in existence....
    All that is it the bottom of the page is the copyright date and United States of America English
    found it in menu symbol at TOP of page not the bottom..
  • Wide_DogWide_Dog Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Hello,
    I am new to this forum having only recently purchased a Bandit Camera. The rattle is very pronounced whatever I mount the camera to. It is definitely caused by excessive play in the rear mounting ring and so I have requested a clip. In the meantime I have used a work around to eliminate the rattle and it works well so I thought I would share it with you.
    I used a soft foam earplug and cut it in half along its length. Trimmed it so it is approx 1cm long. I then squished it flat and using an old plastic knife (liberated from works Cafeteria) pushed it between the mount plate and camera body (at the rear). Bingo ! rattle eliminated. Also, it does not vibrate out even when on a mountain bike handlebar on rough terrain.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    aquamanjoe wrote:
    found it in menu symbol at TOP of page not the bottom..
    Your viewing the forum on a mobile device, right? On the mobile version there's indeed no footer but you can access the support pages through the question mark on top of each page.

I've just updated our FAQ about this also to reflect the current flow when contact Customer Service.

@ Wide_Dog: Welcome to the forum! Please, contact Customer Service. They can provide you with the anti-rotation clip to get this problem sorted :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • Wide_DogWide_Dog Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    @ Wide_Dog: Welcome to the forum! Please, contact Customer Service. They can provide you with the anti-rotation clip to get this problem sorted

Hi Mikkok, Thanks. I had requested a clip last week and it arrived yesterday. It works beautifully. Many thanks :-)
  • wingsuitflyerwingsuitflyer Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I placed a thin rubber band as a washer over the bat-stick. Then when locking the bat-stick in place, the rubber band/washer is sealing between the bat-stick and the round body bracket of the rotating mount. It had to be quite thin to fit. Picked up a bag of them at a craft store for a few cents. Chose a white one to match. Works better than the anti-rotation clip. Stops any rattle as well. Looks perfect. Highly recommend this fix.
    good idea on land but not underwater :( but thanks for tip
  • fokeroffokerof Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just wondering if this "Anti vibration clip is going to be made available as an accessory.
    I have recieved one and it looks very flimsy. Also it does not completly eliminate the vibration.
    I have my tom tom bandit fastened to the fairing of my CBR1100XX. The clip is only ok upto
    about 30mph. Above that the rattling/vibration becomes increasingly audible until it is too
    intrusive.