TT Go Mobile on Android 6 hangs — TomTom Community

TT Go Mobile on Android 6 hangs

DickypDickyp Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have installed Tomtom Go Mobile with a UK map on my Samsung S5 running Android 6, but it will not open, just hangs on the 'loading app' screen forever.

Is this a known problem, & if so is there a remedy for it.

Comments

• YembleYemble Posts: 42 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Android 6 permissions can be tricky for all sorts of reasons, especially if you have an external SD card installed. I am running TT on a Galaxy S3 on CM13 (Android 6.01), which is rooted and it works perfectly. However, I did force it to install onto the internal SD, rather than the external SD. I have noticed that if there is an external SD detected at installation time, then TT will attempt to install onto it, rather than the internal SD. The best way to force it onto the internal SD is to remove the external SD prior to installing TT. So I suggest that you re-install without the external SD (if you have one).

Whether, or not, this resolves your issue, I cannot say, however, it maybe worth a shot.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Dickyp,

Welcome to the forum!

Did you get this sorted already? If not, I'd recommend you to reinstall the app.

Should that not help you solve the issue, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.

Regarding installation locations, the app automatically installs to the location having more free space.

Cheers, Mikko
  • tarkustarkus Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i have the same problems on my Samsung s6 (not rooted) every now and then. I tried to reinstall the app but that didnt help.
    The only chance to get it work again is rebooting my phone

Btw: s6 has no external sd at all
  • tarkustarkus Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanx a lot but for the S6 doesnt seem to have the "Netwerkgebr.achtergrond (Network use in the background)"
  • foxhunter2foxhunter2 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    and in battery, battery savings settings, modify?
  • foxhunter2foxhunter2 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    somehow you have to stop battery savings blocking/disabling the network connection. That's the route to go.