VIA1515 Memory Card Issue

Hi,

I have a Via1515 and just purchased an SDHC 16gb memory card for it, because I can't upload US & Europe's Map it takes up too much memory. I have tried to put it in the slot and it seems loose. Also it won't "click" inside the slot. And that means of course it won't be recognized by my tomtom or my online update. Did I purchase the wrong size? Or is my tomtom's memory card slot broken? Thanks in advanced! ^^

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,155 Superusers
    Dumb question but are you putting it in the proper way? And in the proper slot? that model has a card slot where the cable connects to the device. The front of the card should face the BACK of the unit when inserting).
  • HazzardHazzard Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I do believe I am putting it in the right way. I found the slot. I try putting it in with the lettering facing out and the metal connectors in and it doesn't "click" to secure it into the spot. If I try metal out and letters facing inwards it just gets caught up at an angle. I consider myself pretty tech savvy but this is stumping me big time. I will attach pictures.
    This first picture is with the metal connectors inwards towards the tomtom. It goes in but is very loose. I press in to have it "click" and it doesn't click it will just eject it right out of the slot if I press too hard. The 2nd picture where the card looks off kilter is with the metal connectors facing outwards and gets stuck in the position. I have tried both ways with hands and even tweezers.
    YAY! I got it to work! I think the inside connector might have shifted. This GPS is a few years old. I put it in backwards and it got stuck. I pulled it out and felt like something moved on the inside. Now I put it in again with the metal connectors facing inwards and it "clicks in place!" Woohoo!