Change of account email address — TomTom Community

Change of account email address

VekonyattilaVekonyattila Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 31 in MyDrive Connect
Hi
How can change email address if I register wrong email address?

Comments

• canvinhcanvinh Posts: 1,498 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Call support to clear your account

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,579 Superuser
    @Vekonyattila

Log into MyDriveConnect with your current email (wrong one) then select "MY ACCOUNT" and in the first pane "ACCOUNT DETAILS" you can change the email address
  • canvinhcanvinh Posts: 1,498 [Exalted Pioneer]
    @Niall It's good to know this. Could we change to the email address used by a NAV2 device?
  • bigbig Posts: 1,569 Superuser
    Hi
    How can change email address if I register wrong email address?
    How to change it where? In the TomTom device, on the TomTom website, or both?
    Could we change to the email address used by a NAV2 device?
    You are now able to manage multiple devices with 1 email address so, yes. I've heard a couple of cases where devices switched email accounts but their subscriptions didn't follow or got inaccurately co-mingled with another device on the account -- if that happens to you TomTom support can fix it for you easily.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    canvinh wrote:
    @Niall It's good to know this. Could we change to the email address used by a NAV2 device?
    Indeed good advise, Niall :D Regardless of device TomTom account details can be changed at the support pages by clicking the profile icon on the top right corner.

On the latest Start, GO, Rider and Trucker devices the email address for logging into TomTom Services and MyDrive can only be changed by factory resetting the device by choosing Settings (cog wheel) - System - Reset - Reset. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

Cheers, Mikko
  • AltenburgerAltenburger Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited July 10
    MikkoK wrote:
    Indeed good advise, Niall :D Regardless of device TomTom account details can be changed at the support pages by clicking the profile icon on the top right corner.

On the latest Start, GO, Rider and Trucker the email address for logging into TomTom Services and MyDrive can be changed by factory resetting the device by choosing essay agency Settings (cog wheel) - System - Reset - Reset. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

Cheers, Mikko

I had issues with my email too. And then when I tried to sync my device with MyDrive, the data was not synced, because I didn't have enough space. I didn't know it required at least 400 MB.