Lost the street view

In the middle of a drive to a destination, I suddenly lost the street view that shows my "car" traveling along and shows the cross streets ahead. All I have now is a long red ribbon showing my route and where my car is on the ribbon, but that is not useful to me. How do I get my street view back? I can't find anything in settings that lets me set it back to a street view.

Comments

• canvinhcanvinh Posts: 1,498 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Try to hold down power button around 20 seconds until hearing a drum set to reset your device.
  • pthoitspthoits Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately, I'm still getting the red ribbon and no street view -- I prefer seeing the names of streets that I am approaching and it's helpful to have the arrow ahead of my "car" on the street to indicate direction and upcoming turns. Does anyone else have ideas about how to get the street view back?
    How about calling customer support?

United States
    866 486 6866
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
    Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m EST
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,155 Superusers
    Tap the bottom left of the status bar.
    So, this ribbon stuff was a design, not a bug? What do they want this for?

Creating a bug by mistakes was a bad thing already. However designing a stupid feature should be a nightmare to managers. Spending money and time on stupid things and getting upset by users. Anyway I haven't worked with a colleague like that. So, I'm ok.
    Tapping the left bottom of the status bar worked! Thank you.
    I think the ribbon is for people who know their way but want to see how far along they are on the trip. (I'm guessing about this.)
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,155 Superusers
    What you are describing is 2D view vs 3D view I think.

Do you have the user guide? Here's a link:

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/TomTom-US-non-LIVE-RG-en-us.pdf
    I do have the users guide, thanks. I tried the forum first because I hoped someone else had had this experience and knew the way out. I appreciate your help.