Uninstall TomTom MySports from Windows 10 — TomTom Community

Uninstall TomTom MySports from Windows 10

wtrwtr Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Sports [Connect][Apps][Website]
I have a TomTom Runner and installed "TomTom MySports Connect" on my Windows 10 machine.
However, I cannot uninstall this software via the Add/Remove program options, or other ways.

Reinstalling, hoping an uninstall-option popped-up, is also not working.

How do I get rid of this software?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    wtr wrote:
    I have a TomTom Runner and installed "TomTom MySports Connect" on my Windows 10 machine.
    However, I cannot uninstall this software via the Add/Remove program options, or other ways.

Reinstalling, hoping an uninstall-option popped-up, is also not working.

How do I get rid of this software?

Under C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom\MySportsConnect there is an Uninstaller program. Try running that.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • wtrwtr Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes, that did the trick.
    Why is TomTom not creating/programming software the right way, i.e. with the right entries in the Add/Remove Program list??
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    wtr wrote:
    Yes, that did the trick.
    Why is TomTom not creating/programming software the right way, i.e. with the right entries in the Add/Remove Program list??

There is no right or wrong way to do it. I have seen programs go either way, with their own installer or with an entry in Add/Remove.
  • jomcd40jomcd40 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I have the same problem but there is no uninstall in the folder pathway you provided. There is an "uninstall TomTom on the Tom Tom folder within my programmes, but when I click it it says the link is broken and it wont work. So i'm stuck. Do you have any other ideas?
    THanks