Runner cardio watch not updating — TomTom Community

Runner cardio watch not updating

baz621baz621 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I bought my watch in jan this year and am pleased with it. i have not used it for a month due to an injury, i tried to use it and charged via the docking station, but the following message came up ,,, there is a problem with your watch, it needs to be updated before you can use it , if you choose update your settings and preferences will be saved..but nothing happens when i press update.
I have called tom tom support, they told me to update my software on the mac, delete my sports connect, then reinstall, i did this and the same message came up. i tried to install my sports and update the watch on a windows laptop, but the same message came up.....Help!!!!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,655
    Superusers
    baz621 wrote:
    I bought my watch in jan this year and am pleased with it. i have not used it for a month due to an injury, i tried to use it and charged via the docking station, but the following message came up ,,, there is a problem with your watch, it needs to be updated before you can use it , if you choose update your settings and preferences will be saved..but nothing happens when i press update.
    I have called tom tom support, they told me to update my software on the mac, delete my sports connect, then reinstall, i did this and the same message came up. i tried to install my sports and update the watch on a windows laptop, but the same message came up.....Help!!!!

I am not sure what there is to do if Customer Support can't help. You may need to get them back on the phone to further diagnose it or swap out the watch. Was one of your steps doing a factory reset on the watch? There may be a problem in your firmware image and a factory reset will clear the watch and reinstall a fresh image, which may solve the issue. If it does not I would suggest calling Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the watch to your computer. The Connect window will open up and you will see a button at the bottom of the window that says "Factory Reset". Press it and follow the steps provided, giving the watch the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 10 minutes.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • baz621baz621 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi tfarabaugh,

Thanks for the swift reply, i have just tried to do a factory reset, the same message keeps coming up, back on the phone to them, thank you
  • theunknowntheunknown Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    do u lose yr inf
  • theunknowntheunknown Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    info

mine also doesn't work
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,244 Moderator
    Hi theunknown,

Welcome to the Community!

I can see that you already have the software 1.3.255 version installed on your watch. The new update version 1.6.26 will be available soon as it's only released for 5% of the users for now.

We'll announce it here once the update is available to all. Stay tuned! :)

Cheers,
    lampard
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0