TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

New maps v970 available for download

Comments

• basixbasix Posts: 480 Superuser
    Tomtom is currently having issues finding the right people to make their company work.
    The support department is overwhelmed due to the releases of the last months by their colleagues - which were nominated and even won the most-bugs-ever-awards. So just give it some time, another year or two before their stock starts to get up again.

I am not a TomTom employee. Don't send me private messages.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,095 Superusers
    Look at the first post by MikkoK. The 970 map for Rider devices is not available yet.
  • black955tigerblack955tiger Posts: 92 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I don't understand why the maps are different between models.
  • SuperMekSuperMek Posts: 42 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    So where are these maps for download? When I just plugged in my Rider410 MyDrive tells me I'm all up to date but it shows 965 maps.
    I have the same situation regarding my Rider 400 telling me it's updated with the installed European v965 maps. Where are the v970 maps? My Go600 GPS updated fine to the Europe v970.
  • justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,096 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    @ SuperMek
    See dhn post 3 above yours;- "Look at the first post by MikkoK. The 970 map for Rider devices is not available yet"
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 934 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Considering built in nav applications are a strong point of TomTom's marketing, isn't it dreadful that the maps for the Renault R-Link TomTom are version 955, issued last November? (Yes, for the wiseguys, they are supposedly only supported by Renault, not TomTom - the car-manufacturer supports the TomTom satnavs - presumably TomTom are moving into doing oil changes and MOTs!).
    Where there's a will, there's a wake.
  • SuperMekSuperMek Posts: 42 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Well, I can't say that the message is that very clear in its statement! More likely the words are heavily confusing!
  • KKarKKar Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have Rider 2 2nd Edition, software 7.901 and map "Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB"

What is the latest map I can get to my TT?
    I heard that TT have not brought new maps since several years ago for that software.

So it is no use to buy new maps to that?? Am I correct??

Kari
    I think 965 is the latest but call support to verify:

Suomi (Finland)
    0988 625 003
    Maanantaista-Perjantaihin: 11:00-18:00
  • harsh1311harsh1311 Posts: 196 [Supreme Navigator]
    No v970 Europe maps for Go android app yet?
  • IGIIGI Posts: 139 [Legendary Explorer]
    Is Map Share Reporter updated?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

I just updated the announcement as we've released now the Western Europe map for the latest GO and Start range. Also map zones for it were introduced.

For those here with the GO Mobile app: The mobile app map release schedule is always somewhat different from navigation devices. The apps get the maps usually a couple of weeks after the release to navigation devices.

Cheers, Mikko
  • riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    For those here with the GO Mobile app: The mobile app map release schedule is always somewhat different from navigation devices. The apps get the maps usually a couple of weeks after the release to navigation devices.

Cheers, Mikko
    970 maps for the Go Mobile App (Android) have just been released.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,038 [Exalted Navigator]
    riki66 wrote:
    970 maps for the Go Mobile App (Android) have just been released.
    Many have been however as I wrote this neither the map entitled Europe nor that entitled Western Europe were yet available at v970.
  • DCJunior06DCJunior06 Posts: 65 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    The delay in the release of the maps is related to the next generation map platform? 9.70 is ready?
  • riki66riki66 Posts: 432 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    DCJunior06 wrote:
    The delay in the release of the maps is related to the next generation map platform? 9.70 is ready?
    Referring to an old comment i made on the 965 map thread regarding Data Migration Problems i can say for sure that the data lost during the migration to the new map system has been "restored" in this release but the implementation of reports from mapshare is still "stuck" at June 2015 (no map change after that month has been added to the new map).

So yeah maybe this 970 map is "nds ready" but i'd like to know why no map changes (reported through mapshare after June) have been added.
  • ccfcsjccfcsj Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Great - downloaded v9.70 to my Go 50 and it says map corrupt on MyDrive and no map on my device. Not sure what to do now (contacted Support and awaiting their reply) as the device is nothing more than an expensive brick.
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,007 Superusers
    Does it not offer the option to re-install? Also is it on the internal or on the memory card? If the latter, just format the memory card and try again.
  • ccfcsjccfcsj Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have tried the repair feature, delete and reinstall, SD and Internal memory and every time I get the same result. Even tried different machines and cables so can rule that out
    Call support. Don't wait for an email response:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Also:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16695/kw/no maps found

and don't use a WiFi connected device.
  • DaveyMethDaveyMeth Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
  • mike-odmike-od Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I updated my sat nav before we went to Spain (should have checked it, didn't)
    when we got there Spain was no longer on my device, is it me being blind - or is it no longer possible to get the UK and Spain on the same map!!! Fortunately we carry a map (one of those funny paper things) so were OK - but I was rather mad. I always had UK and Spain.

Ah, after much messing and deleting and trying to restore a previous version I finally get a screen that gives sensible information ---- due to the fantastic improvements and upgrades to the Europe Map it has been split into sections, none of which include UK and Spain that I could see :(
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,007 Superusers
    @mike-od: Any help here?

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20544/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDY1MDIwODgyL3NpZC9QYXpST2FTbQ==

I think the Europe - Western Zone should have Spain too, but haven't seen the latest available zones.
  • bobmeadesbobmeades Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    antient wrote:
    As well as map size and the user's internet download speed, there is a third (and limiting) factor, which is the load on TomTom's servers. I strongly suspect that on the first day or so after a new map is issued, they are going to be under considerable strain and will not cope too well with the high demand.
    Yes, I have a pretty good connection, but it took about 6 hours to download.
  • DaveyMethDaveyMeth Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    SO, I have an update - it appears that one of the 6 Western_Europe_n.ttpkg files is failing to validate after download - more specifically, Western_Europe_1.ttpkg. I have fired off an email to Support as I can't ring them as they are only available when people are, you know, at work, and not necessarily near their device and/or personal laptops etc. and are able to spend hours sorting this stuff out! Not the greatest customer service model I've seen....Anybody have any thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online72

Casper78vfr
Casper78vfr
DougLap
DougLap
Justyna
Justyna
mgduc848
mgduc848
parsd51
parsd51