TomTom Spark -- myfitnesspal — TomTom Community

TomTom Spark -- myfitnesspal

Matt whelanMatt whelan Posts: 3 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Sports [Connect][Apps][Website]
Hi,
Was just checking if there are any plans to connect with myfitnesspal, as Fitbit, Polar etc have done?
It's a great app to link up with a sports watch!

Cheers!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    Hi,
    Was just checking if there are any plans to connect with myfitnesspal, as Fitbit, Polar etc have done?
    It's a great app to link up with a sports watch!

Cheers!

It already does and has for a long time. To set up any upload or export you need to go to the Apps & Exporting tab in MySports, where you can select the service to upload to (MFP is on the list). Enter your credentials for the site when prompted and it will upload whenever you sync (by app or PC) go forward. Please also note this only sets up the upload for future activities, it will not go back and reupload old ones. In addition, it will only upload sports activities, not daily activity tracking like steps.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • OldappleOldapple Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the same issue. I just got my watch and I have followed the directions, which are too simple, and it will not upload my activity. I have only used the watch once and this was one of the main reasons I choose this because it is supposed to sync up with MapMyFitness. Any help is appreciated.
    Superusers
    Oldapple wrote:
    I am having the same issue. I just got my watch and I have followed the directions, which are too simple, and it will not upload my activity. I have only used the watch once and this was one of the main reasons I choose this because it is supposed to sync up with MapMyFitness. Any help is appreciated.

That is the instructions, it is that simple. Go to MySports, navigate to the Apps & Exporting tab under Settings, add MMF as a connected app and it will upload there go forward. It will not upload old activities, for that you need to follow the steps below.

To upload old activities you need to dock the watch and double click each ttbin file to force the upload. If you using a phone app you will first need to download the ttbin files to your computer following the steps below. If you are using the PC Connect software the files are already there in the TomTom MySports directory in a separate dated folder for each activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom MySports\{Watch Name}.

Locating the ttbin files in iTunes:
    1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and wait for iTunes to open.
    2. Select your iOS device in the iTunes sidebar.
    3. Select the Apps tab and scroll down to File Sharing.
    4. Select MySports.
    5. The ttbin files are listed on the right hand side.
    6. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it.

Locating the ttbin files in Android:
    1. On Android 4.4.2, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD card in a nested subfolder of /TomTom MySports/ (/sdcard/TomTom_MySports/HNxxxxxxxxxx/workouts/uploaded/).
    2. Copy this file to your computer.

Once the ttbin files are copied to your machine (or located on your machine if using PC Connect) dock your watch and double click the ttbin file (make sure that you have the desired file types and uploads selected on the Apps & Exporting tab in MySports). It will then force the watch to upload again. You will need to do this individually for each activity; there is no bulk upload option. If you are trying to reload an activity to MySports you need to delete the MySports Internet Shortcut file in the folder with the ttbin. Note that for non-GPS activities you will not get KML or GPX files as these formats require GPS points.
  • cfbiehlcfbiehl Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is it possible to also sync steps with myfitness pal or only activities?
  • JonbronJonbron Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would also please like an answer to this question. Most other products can sync step count. This would be a vital part of my fitness regime and not only syncing activities but daily steps to MyFitnesspal. Really disappointing about the product and I would have kept my Garmin if I had know I could not like steps to MyFitnessPal. Hopefully this can be sorted soon because it seems to be an ongoing problem. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
    Superusers
    It is not possible and currently it appears there are no plans to add this. You can sync to apple Health or Google Fit and then sync them to MFP as a workaround. This is a user forum so you will not get an answer from TT here. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.
  • JonbronJonbron Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the reply. I'll try through Apple Health.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Silly it doesn't sync steps. Definitely a down point.