TomTom GO Mobile vs. TomTom previous version (iPad)
I have the TomTom W. Europe app installed on my iPad. I am very happy with it and advised it to many friends.
Now I installed (for free) the new Go-version witch is, in my opinion, inferior to the old version.
This is why:
- when I want to navigate to one off my contacts, in the old version, I could simply start typing my contact's name and select.
In the Go-version I have to scroll in my (1.100) contacts. Typing is no option .
- I get no Speedcontrol warning (although it is set on)
- the Go-app does not work in the background. The previous one did. (e.g. when closing your iPad, you still get speedcontrol warnings, voice indications, etc.)
- I think the Go-version does not use the satellite module (build-in 4G iPad). The previous version used the satellite module continuously. You never needed mobile data (roaming). In fact you never needed a sim-card.
- When the previous version finished route calculation, there was a warning for turnpikes (toll roads). The option was to accept toll roads or not. This is now missing, unless you change your settings. (In case you want to accept/avoid toll roads you will have to change your settings each time before your route input. This is quite inconvenient, especially when driving on unknown roads.) A simple warning 'accept: yes/no' works much better.
- I do not get traffic information. (perhaps because I don't have a sim-card installed)
I think renewing an app should be an improvement.
There is still much work on the Go.