Support for Hyundai Tucson navigation — TomTom Community

Support for Hyundai Tucson navigation

SandymanSandyman Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited October 2019 in Built in car navigation
m5wnqvbcnmdo.png
jckgio7lunue.png
Answer : When it's built in to a £32K 16 plate Hyundai Tucson.

You What?

It was supposed to come with TomTom Live Services and 7 years free map updates....
yet the instructions on how to connect the the *cough* TomTom via a wi-fi hot spot on
my iPhone don't work to activate the services don't work.

So I have no way to switch on TomTom live services and TomTom support can't help.:

Best Answer

Answers

• canvinhcanvinh Posts: 1,498 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Do you have user manual for your sat nav? I think, you would have to use either a Windows PC or a MAC. Windows users have less issues.

A user guide for another car for an idea http://mazdanav.com/_livesite/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Mazda-NB1_SoftwareUpdate_Guide.pdf. You should get manual for your car from a car dealership.

Are you sure your model support live traffic? Your device would connect to your smart phone via Bluetooth for live traffic, if you had this service.
  • SandymanSandyman Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The car is brand new so I have all the manuals. I had my iPhone connected via blue tooth to be able to make
    Calls etc. After turning off the blue tooth, I put the phone into mobile hotspot wi-if mode and connected to the sat nav via the password displayed on my phone. Now the Live Services were accessible.

I then turned blue tooth back on.

The system has an SD card so shouldn't that be way to update maps etc?

Is the only way to get live services via a hotspot? I woukd have thought things like static speed camera
    Positions could be loaded into the sat van. Using hot spot kills the phone battery.

This is all new to me, I was a dedicated Garmin user before I got the Tucson!
  • canvinhcanvinh Posts: 1,498 [Exalted Pioneer]
    If I understood correctly, the sat nav is connected to a smart phone via bluetooth. The phone is using wireless telephony networks including Internet. The live traffic service is available via wireless phone Internet (using data channel).

If it's only used WiFi hot spots, it's kind of useless as there're not many of hot spots out there.

Based on what I've read about car's sat nav, it's likely that you'd need to plug the SD card in a computer loaded with either TT Home or MyDrive Connect (check your manuals) in order to update maps and services.

Static camera is a subscription service. Check it while your SD card connected into a PC as above.
  • mrg9999mrg9999 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Is there a tool to convert to/from the favourites.bin file?
  • santafenclsantafencl Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Sandyman wrote:
    Using hot spot kills the phone battery.

I got an EE Buzzard 1 mobile hotspot from EE that plugs in the 12v lighter socket off ebay for £40 plus an EE 500Mb/month data SIM for £14.99 (technically it's 6Gb that lasts for 12 months) from Argos ... works a treat and means you don't have to keep remembering to turn your phone hotspot on!
  • BerrHunterBerrHunter Posts: 296 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I'm thinking of getting a Tucson in the next couple of months, the sat nav system using Tom Tom is a plus in the choice as I have a TT GoLive 825 which I use in my current VW as I find it much better than their installation.

Hi Norskyorkie

Just wondering if you now got a Hyundai Tucson and did you ever find a PDF download for the satnav?

I’ve manage to find a PDF for the car in general but the Infotainment section only covers the media input and radio section with no mention of the satnav.

I like to find out about these things before committing myself for a 3 year lease and even asking my local Hyundai dealer guy turns up false information like when I asked him if I could use my current TomTom speed camera subscription with the Tucson he said “no I can’t do” that but failed to tell me that the Tucson satnav has free speed camera information using TomTom Live Services for the first 7 years of ownership.:cool:

Thanks in advance.
  • NorskyorkieNorskyorkie Posts: 75 [Outstanding Explorer]
    My Tucson Premium is now at the dealers, I can't collect until the 27th due to contracts but I did pick up the manuals, driving and sat nav.

It says - Activate WIFI hotspots on your mobile and search for WIFI networks on the car unit, press network list and select desired one, basically that's it.

It is a typical foreign manual converted from the original language to English so not always clear.

I can't just find it but I think I remember that your dealer has to set things up in the first place.
  • mrg9999mrg9999 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    My dealer gave me a tomtom PND shortly before they lost the sales franchise.
    Now I use Waze on my smartphone. This is the best satnav/speed camera detector I have EVER used. I rarely use the built in or PND now.
  • Hello!
    I bought hyundai tucson 2017 with TomTom /win ce/ built-in navi.
    I read, that it is hungarian language /marika and ervin/
    How can I set Hungarian language?
  • NorskyorkieNorskyorkie Posts: 75 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Had my Tucson two and a half months and am nigtyly impressed with the live services and navigsation.

Everything was set up by the dealers and worked 'straight out of the box'

I did dump Virgin Media as my phone provider as I was on PAYG and they charge silly money for data, I also got a more up to date phone with Android 7 and got a THREE PAYG sim which wouldn't be killed as long as I used it at least once in a couple of months.

The sim cost £10 but in fact had £10,40 on it, when the car was two weeks old we stayed in Pitlochry for a mid week holiday and did quite a bit of driving visiting Outlander filming venues and Fort George, 1,100 miles in all.

The live services were connected all the time an only cost about 20p and that included three calls to sons to say we landed safely, even now I still have £9.22 left after calls and texts and a bit more live services.

My one complaint is that unlike my old GoLive 825 I can't customise the Red Light and Revenue Camera warning as speech, it only dings at me, I know the actual Sat Nav isn't Tom Tom but it is better and infinitely better than the Volkswagen fitted one.
  • KNTTKNTT Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    How are you guys getting on now?
    Just got an 18 plate Tucson. The dealer automatically set my Samsung 7 Edge up in seconds. When I get in the car I have Bluetooth and WiFi hotspot switched on, on the phone and it immediately connects to the Tuscon. This load's contacts and updates traffic and speed cameras.
    Loving the car and it's infotainment system. Satnav is great. Call quality is great. Well chuffed. ?
  • TainmanTainman Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just got a Tucson 1.7 Se NAV today and dealer put the SD card in the slot but didn't explain how to update the live maps. I have checked the huge thick manual that comes with the car and there is virtually nothing about the sat nav system Reading all of the above I am concerned that the blue tooth connection means that the updates will be charged as data downloads to my phone account. Is this the case?
  • johnno2049johnno2049 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi santafencl are you saying that if I get the buzzard then I don't have to use my phone credit as I only use payg , just bought a new 2019 Tucson was told that it had live traffic but that is not the case, should have stuck with my hand held garmin !!
  • arniebovaarniebova Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi My Tucson 2018 Sat Nav does not bring up speed camera alert, My new Huawei phone is connected to tethering & hotspot, it is also WiFi connected and to Bluetooth,
    It did bring up the camera alert once but no more!
    Have tried other phones, one may bring up the camera alert once only!
    The Mechanic at the Dealer and also the phone tech at the phone shop cannot get it to bring up the camera alert either on their phones.
    I am following the instructions on the manual to the letter.
    The manual description shows a photo of camera alert when selecting set up and guidance.
    I have previously msg'd Tom Tom and Hyundai regarding this "with no response".
    Frustrated! can you help please?
    Thank you.
  • sy278sy278 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    arniebova wrote: »
    Hi My Tucson 2018 Sat Nav does not bring up speed camera alert, My new Huawei phone is connected to tethering & hotspot, it is also WiFi connected and to Bluetooth,
    It did bring up the camera alert once but no more!
    Have tried other phones, one may bring up the camera alert once only!
    The Mechanic at the Dealer and also the phone tech at the phone shop cannot get it to bring up the camera alert either on their phones.
    I am following the instructions on the manual to the letter.
    The manual description shows a photo of camera alert when selecting set up and guidance.
    I have previously msg'd Tom Tom and Hyundai regarding this "with no response".
    Frustrated! can you help please?
    Thank you.

Interesting, in the last week or so mine has stopped showing cameras even though the services are connected. No alerts and the camera icon is missing, this has been checked against a camera I pass every day which it usually alerts to. I need to check against some others in case that one has fallen off the list as it did let me report it.

That said there is a mobile camera near me occasionally too which i have reported numerous times in the last year and it still isn't on the list.
  • sy278sy278 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    sy278 wrote: »
    Interesting, in the last week or so mine has stopped showing cameras even though the services are connected. No alerts and the camera icon is missing, this has been checked against a camera I pass every day which it usually alerts to. I need to check against some others in case that one has fallen off the list as it did let me report it.

That said there is a mobile camera near me occasionally too which i have reported numerous times in the last year and it still isn't on the list.

So seems like a blip, out this morning and all cameras i passed alerted as normal including the local one that hadn't been lately.
  • PivisekPivisek Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi. I have a Tucson 2017 TomTom navigation that works on WinCe.
    My question is how can I upload a .gpx file from My Drive with my own scheduled route to this navigation. 8 waypoints.
    Can someone please advise me if it can be uploaded?
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category1

IanSR
IanSR