Interval training mode for running on Runner 2?

tiju cherian john
tiju cherian john Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Does the TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC has interval training mode for running? Can I pre-set my own intervals(time/distance) before each workout?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Does the TOMTOM SPARK CARDIO + MUSIC has interval training mode for running? Can I pre-set my own intervals(time/distance) before each workout?

There is a very basic interval function on the watch, comprised of the ability to set a warmup (time or distance), repeating work/reset periods (time or distance) and cooldown (time or distance). The work/rest periods cannot change, so you could not foe example have 500m, rest, 1000m, rest, 1500m. The work and rest periods just repeat the same ones as many times as you specify. It is fairly simple and straightforward and I would not expect it to be updated as they have stuck with this format for 3 years through multiple version of the watch.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • tiju cherian john
    tiju cherian john Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yes! You told precisely what I wanted to know. It really helped thank you so much
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Yes! You told precisely what I wanted to know. It really helped thank you so much

Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • Esther de H.
    Esther de H. Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I recently started using the watch and had a hard time figuring this out. Now I know the answer.
    Unfortunately, if I had known about this earlier on, I wouldn't have bought the watch.
    I did check reviews, but didn't look for this specific thing. Because when the specs say you can do interval training with the watch, why would I question this?
    The work and rest periods during my interval training never repeat themselves, so it's very annoying you can't pre-set those.
    And since I in general do 2 interval training sessions per week I'm very unhappy and regret I spend all of this money for this watch.
  • Simon2002
    Simon2002 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    It depends what you want - on Garmin you have to pre program your watch via a computer -well for the £250 models - the TomToms are simpler watches - so you can easily and quickly set up an interval training that does what most people need without using a computer. If you need complex intervals - try runkeeper and use a phone - worked fine for me in the past and would mean you don't need to buy a new watch (assuming you have a smartphone)