BROKEN SCREEN - CARDIO SPARK

aussie runner
aussie runner Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
'BROKEN SCREEN - After much research on the best watch, i treated myself to the cardi spark, I had it for 2 weeks and was so pleased with my purchase i loved being able to run with our having my phone strapped to my arm to listen to music, i used it in the gym and pool and had been really please. Unfortunatly 2 week after i bought it I was riding my scooter to work and got hit by a four wheel drived that failed to give way. I was hospitalized for over 6 weeks with multi trauma. I was wearing my watch on the day of the accident and the screen was broke, but watch working perfectly. I am now on a long road of rehab, most of which is in the pool and would love the motivation of my music/watch to help me. But try as i have i cannot get it repaired. Tom Tom not interested harvey Norman not interested lots of research on the internet has all come up blank. Seriously if a watch that costs over $350 can not have a screen repaired or any repairs I think this should be quite clearly documented and displayed on the product $350 is a lot of money, its a sports watch screens may get easily broke. I am so disappointed with the customer service and feel I have not been fully informed . If anyone can help or know how i can get my watched repaired please help.'.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    'BROKEN SCREEN - After much research on the best watch, i treated myself to the cardi spark, I had it for 2 weeks and was so pleased with my purchase i loved being able to run with our having my phone strapped to my arm to listen to music, i used it in the gym and pool and had been really please. Unfortunatly 2 week after i bought it I was riding my scooter to work and got hit by a four wheel drived that failed to give way. I was hospitalized for over 6 weeks with multi trauma. I was wearing my watch on the day of the accident and the screen was broke, but watch working perfectly. I am now on a long road of rehab, most of which is in the pool and would love the motivation of my music/watch to help me. But try as i have i cannot get it repaired. Tom Tom not interested harvey Norman not interested lots of research on the internet has all come up blank. Seriously if a watch that costs over $350 can not have a screen repaired or any repairs I think this should be quite clearly documented and displayed on the product $350 is a lot of money, its a sports watch screens may get easily broke. I am so disappointed with the customer service and feel I have not been fully informed . If anyone can help or know how i can get my watched repaired please help.'.

TomTom does not offer a repair service and glass breakage is not covered under warranty. However, if you call Customer Support they may offer to replace it in good faith based on the age of the watch and circumstances around how it got broken. At the very least they may offer a discount on a replacement. You will need to Contact Customer Support to get the process started.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • aussie runner
    aussie runner Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks you for you reply. I contacted customer support again and had a really great representative who organised for my watch to be returned , with an explanation of how the screen was broken and within a week I was sent a new watch. So thanks you TomTom.
    I realise my circumstance of how my watch was broken was extreme and now I know that the screens cannot be replaced I will take extra care of it. I am looking forward to getting in the pool continuing my rehab hydro with my music on and aim to get back on my bike and running in the future to use my watch for the purpose it was bought. Its a great watch just don't break the screen. Thanks again Tom Tom
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Thanks you for you reply. I contacted customer support again and had a really great representative who organised for my watch to be returned , with an explanation of how the screen was broken and within a week I was sent a new watch. So thanks you TomTom.
    I realise my circumstance of how my watch was broken was extreme and now I know that the screens cannot be replaced I will take extra care of it. I am looking forward to getting in the pool continuing my rehab hydro with my music on and aim to get back on my bike and running in the future to use my watch for the purpose it was bought. Its a great watch just don't break the screen. Thanks again Tom Tom

So great to hear they were able to work something out for you and that you are on the mend! When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • ASmugDill
    ASmugDill Registered Users Posts: 550
    Apprentice Traveler
    I contacted customer support again and had a really great representative who organised for my watch to be returned , with an explanation of how the screen was broken and within a week I was sent a new watch.
    Thank you very much for sharing a positive outcome.

Most consumers (including myself – and just to be clear, I'm neither an employee nor a shareholder of TomTom) are too focused on their desired outcomes that their own inability to achieve those without help and cooperation (to which they're not inherently entitled) from others draw misdirected ire and vitriol, but once satisfied they take it for granted instead of acknowledging it as a favour or goodwill gesture above and beyond the obligations due a commercial relationship with the product supplier or manufacturer.
    So thanks you TomTom.
    I'm really pleasantly surprised by TomTom has dealt with this, and even though I don't benefit from it personally (and I don't know aussie runner personally, either), it still raises the standing of TomTom's customer service in my esteem.
    I am looking forward to getting in the pool continuing my rehab hydro with my music on and aim to get back on my bike and running in the future
    I sincerely wish you all the best, mate.
  • Karen H
    Karen H Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you for post , I have the same issue with screen crack which is contacted the customer service and their advise ship the item to Australia support from Malaysia . Now only reliaze their not provide screen replacement service but why their asking to ship the item ? Really upset with the support from TOMTOM . Good bye TOMTOM product
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Karen H wrote:
    Thank you for post , I have the same issue with screen crack which is contacted the customer service and their advise ship the item to Australia support from Malaysia . Now only reliaze their not provide screen replacement service but why their asking to ship the item ? Really upset with the support from TOMTOM . Good bye TOMTOM product
    They are asking you to ship it because they are going to replace the entire device (I assume for a fee).