Factory Reset and Update — TomTom Community

Factory Reset and Update

GuiinevesGuiineves Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited December 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hello, my tomtom multisport crashed and don't update nor reset. He caught in a screen appears where a monitor and watch next.

I have already connected it to the computer numerous times already and reinstalled the tomtom application on the computer several times however also not succeeded so far.

It happened to someone and managed to solve ?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,810
    Superusers
    Guiineves wrote:
    Hello, my tomtom multisport crashed and don't update nor reset. He caught in a screen appears where a monitor and watch next.

I have already connected it to the computer numerous times already and reinstalled the tomtom application on the computer several times however also not succeeded so far.

It happened to someone and managed to solve ?

Follow the steps in the post below, starting with recovery mode, which should force it to reset. Then do a factory reset to clear out any bad firmware.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17393

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • GuiinevesGuiineves Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Follow the steps in the post below, starting with recovery mode, which should force it to reset. Then do a factory reset to clear out any bad firmware.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17393

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

Hello, did not work, the problem continued it gets the reset and does not complete.
  • RikomRikom Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The same happened to my TomTom Runner Cardio. After a run I took a swim (with the watch). After the swim the screen reacted strange. The screen was flashing for a while like someone was very quickly pushing teh left and reight buttons and after a while it ended up in the reset screen with the computer and watch displayed en below the text tomtom.com/reset.
    I tried to reset with the mysports software but everytime the mysports software comes to a connection the watch ends in the reset mode again. I can't do a power-off or factory reset.

Somebody having suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0