GO Mobile (iOS)- Using multiple devices — TomTom Community

GO Mobile (iOS)- Using multiple devices

njinhnjinh Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hi all,
I just wanted to know if I can use this app on multiple devices but with the same account.

I Just bought a one year subscription (€19,99) for use on the iPhone. I'm wondering if I can use the same account on the iPad and the Android device my girlfriend has.

We're going to take a trip to the usa and I would like to have acces on multiple devices.

I had a look at the "upgrade" sector in the app but the only optioneel I have is: "restore". That doesn't seem to be what i'm looking for.

I had a look on the website and forum but I didn't find the answer I need.

Many thanks.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,203 Moderator
    Hi njinh

Welcome to the forum:)

Unfortunately the subscription cannot be shared across between two different OS platforms, sorry about any inconvenience.

Regards
    Vikram
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    And what is with this statement?
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-iphoneipad-29/tomtom-go-mobile-licence-can-i-transfer-my-3-years-licence-from-android-to-ios-1000308?postid=1077884
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi leypetcat,

Sorry for my late reply!

The Unlimited navigation subscription is actually supported as cross-platform. By resuming purchases using your TomTom account with the subscription you can transfer your subscription to another phone even cross-platform.

In case you already purchased a second subscription, please contact Customer Service. They'll be able to sort it out for you :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • MikeJamesMikeJames Posts: 388 [Revered Navigator]
    There's a big difference between 'transferring' and 'sharing' subscriptions.
    You can't use the same subscription on two devices at the same time for pretty good commercial reasons.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    MikeJames wrote:
    You can't use the same subscription on two devices at the same time for pretty good commercial reasons.

fcc82a0a-6292-4d5b-a207-d334d520bb0f.jpg
    2 Android devices.
  • RobodonsterRobodonster Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have one tomtom account and my subscription for the iPhone works great with my android app as well:$
  • dinthdinth Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MikeJames wrote:
    There's a big difference between 'transferring' and 'sharing' subscriptions.
    Well, it's good i found this forum thread, because i was going to buy TomTom subscription later on today.
    Usually term "subscription" means that i can use an app logged to my personal account on any compatible phone/device, it can only be limited to the number of devices i use it simultaneously. Just as an example - Office 365 or Spotify subscriptions. Because i buy service ("subscription") not the app itself.
    Now ive got one car with Android device built into the dashboard and another one in which i use my personal iPhone. Paying 30 pounds per year for 2 subscriptions is completely uneconomical solution for me, when there are so many free navigations.
    If i will have another car with Windows phone mounted on a dashboard then i will need to pay 3 subscriptions? That's completely ridiculous, especially when at same time some people bought old (not subscription) TT and are installing it to iPhones of all their friends and family for free using own App store account, and TT is not doing anything to prevent that kind of fraud.
  • blybly Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    dinth wrote:
    ... some people bought old (not subscription) TT and are installing it to iPhones of all their friends and family for free using own App store account, and TT is not doing anything to prevent that kind of fraud.
    Hello, that is one year old but still relevant.
    In the case of iOS apps, the Terms Of Service any developer must agree, is having their app able being installed up to five different devices with same account. When you make your pricing for the app, you are well aware of these conditions you agreed.
    We developers, and TomTom, will not say anything when someone installs our apps on their different devices just because we know the user can do it. There is no fraud in that case.

Take note the number of devices is decided by Apple. If tomorrow the number goes from five to ten, as example, the only thing we developers can do is adjusting pricing. Or pull the app off the store. Our decision.

Subscriptions are a different beast. We can decide how many people can use one. See as example Netflix with their 1, 2 or 4 at once plans.
  • SuperbartmanSuperbartman Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    There seem to be conflicting answers on this thread, so I wanted to check the current position.
    I use a dedicated iphone for satnav (and music) in my car and an android device (provided by my employer) day to day.
    If I sign up for an annual subscription with tomtom using my android device, can I log in to my tomtom account on my iphone and use the tomtom subscription on my iphone?
    Thanks in advance