Download Paused - cannot download maps. — TomTom Community

Download Paused - cannot download maps.

dazbradydazbrady Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
I cannot install any maps.

When i select a map to download - it goes to the download screen and fails to download as seen in the screenshot:

9ae80009-a6f2-4927-a9fd-5e4514fc88cc.png

when i click 'Try Again' - it fails instantly - despite perfect wifi connectivity and my phone being able to browse the net and stream online audio and video.

this happened in V1.9, and now happening in V1.10

please advise.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,333
    Superusers
    If it doesn't resolve itself, guess you'll need to call support after the holiday on Monday.

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • dazbradydazbrady Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    thanks dhn, i called TomTom today - sadly they had no idea what i was talking about so i sent them the screenshot to see what they make of it all.
  • goon-heavengoon-heaven Posts: 34 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've had same experience. Reboot cleared my stoppage.
    I have rebooted a hundred times and tried again and still no joy.

TomTom have suspended my subscription and escalated the incident to Second Line - who admit they do not know what is going on and as yet as far as I know have not yet escalated it to Third Line despite my requests to sort this out!
    rubbish customer support.

should have bought a Garmin...
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,104 Moderator
    Hi dazbrady

I had a look at your contact history and like the customer service informed this is a know technical issue which has been reported to the concerned team.

We are investigation this on a priority basis. Once we have a fix,our customer service will get back with the latest updates.

Sorry about the inconvenience caused.

Regards
    Vikram
    Vikram - problems like this should take days, not months.

if it was a TomTom piece of hardware i would have taken it back by now and swapped it for a Garmin.

pathetic customer service.
  • bill_ybill_y Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    same problem. its garmin next for me. I want my 15 squid back. HIGHWAY robbers.
    flaky flaky
  • JvdZJvdZ Posts: 80 [Supreme Navigator]
    bill_y wrote:
    I want my 15 squid back.
    Doubt you meant what you wrote there. ;)
    As to the rest of the post: Not sure what your intent was when posting it, as it doesn't seem to contain a question, but the only answer probably is the following question: Did you call TomTom support with your issue to see if they could help to resolve it?

Jos
    guess what, never ever will I buy an app from tom tom...cos once it goes belly up........NO support or money back.
    totally uncontactable. goafdoc!
  • JvdZJvdZ Posts: 80 [Supreme Navigator]
    Don't think you answered the question nor sounds like you have a question, as you only seem to be rambling incoherently.

Success with that,
    Jos
    forgot this was n korea I WILL RAMBLE IF I WANT YOU TWAT>
    ALSO I WILL TAKE THE 15 QUID HIT AND WRITE OFF THE APP. COS ITS BYE BYE TOM TOM.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Billy,

There's a Contact us link in the bottom of this page you can use to get in touch with Customer Service. They can help you troubleshoot your issue as well as handle any refund queries :D

Cheers, Mikko