New: Manage multiple devices in the same account

JulianJulian Posts: 2,158 Retired Community Managers and Staff
edited January 31 in News and announcements
Hi all,

I am very happy to announce that as of today, it is possible to manage multiple devices in the same account!

We know that many of you have been asking for this in the past. It took us some time, because we had to change many internal processes for this, however now is the time that you can finally benefit from this.

As this update comes together with an update for MyDrive Connect (which actually was made available last week already), I have also included all the information regarding the MyDrive Connect update as well:

[h2]What's new?[/h2]
Windows version 4.1.0.2658
Mac version 4.1.0.2723

[h3]Simplified menu[/h3]
The menu accessible through the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification are and Mac menu bar has been simplified.
Click the spoiler for more information.
fa3c1de3-fe2a-4502-a900-acfcc4c3d026.png
- Clicking on “Login MyDrive Connect" it will open the MyDrive Connect Desktop app with a login dialogue
- Clicking on "Manage my content" is available for GO 800, 1000, 2000 series / Via series / Start 20 and 60 Series
- Clicking on “ Settings” it will open the Setting page (also accessible through the country flag in the main window)
- Clicking on “Quit”, it close the MyDrive Connect app.

If you're already logged in you'll see this:
c22cf03d-7ff2-411c-9fbf-a87c73c33c74.png
If updates are available you'll see an option to view them:
6b5a35db-ca57-4b0c-bff8-569bcb2ec50e.png

If you hover on the icon it will show the different messages based on what action is required.
NB: when downloading something the spinning circle has moved on top of the icon.
3d74fde1-6788-4782-9de0-c49d738df401.png
[h3]Changes in the main window[/h3]
If you open MyDrive Connect but are not logged in you'll be first advised to log in or create a new account:
63c8be2b-ae08-4278-a922-55cc95056656.png
My Device menu
The Overview menu has been replaced by a My Device menu.
ca8bf2f8-4f95-4d03-b9af-be0aa5803bf1.png
New links
Links to the Community :D and Accessories page have been added to the bar on the bottom of the page.
2d70dc2f-21bc-411a-920f-3278ac73c932.png
[h3]Manage your devices[/h3]
As you'll be now able to register multiple devices on your TomTom account you can also give them individual names to help you manage them.
In the central dashboard you'll see a small pen on the top right and Devices in the bottom. By clicking on the pen symbol you can give a personalized name to the device:
02b84300-b6cb-4055-b41f-fd7e8c71ceae.png
(the name will only be visible in MyDrive Connect and not (yet) on device)

By clicking on My Devices you'll see a list of all the devices connected to your account, updates available for them, and you can add more devices (up to 10):
200b12ff-9a73-4647-a823-0c9997bfab5e.png

By clicking on "ADD A DEVICE" you'll get the following flow to guide you through adding a device to your TomTom account:
368ef51a-aef8-4e83-8bdf-c3c6b3807113.png
Note:The maximum of devices that can be associated is 10 devices. Among those 10 devices 1 device can be a device updated with TomTom HOME. The GO Mobile apps for Android and iPhone are not part of this restriction. The old mobile products (Navigation app for Android&iPhone), however, are part of the restriction and you can have only 1 associated to an account.
There are no time restrictions for adding and removing devices on/from your TomTom account.
Please note also, that you can update devices only one at the time.

My Content
In the MY CONTENT page the status bar has been moved on the top.
df312f4b-8501-464d-bc9f-b42949fdc2b7.png
Activation codes
If you purchase a service from a retailer and get an activation code you'll be asked for which device you want to redeem the code and to confirm.
aab5bbe7-431b-497e-a606-8993fa6066e5.png

We are of course happy to help, should there be questions or issues.

Regards

Julian

Comments

• SpiderWebSpiderWeb Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I had an older Tom Tom 30 which I lost two paid for map updates because I put my new G0 into that account and it deleted the Tom Tom 30 and downloaded the MyDrive software. I set up a new Tom Tom Home account for my 30 in the hope the Tom Tom system would remember my 30 and apply the updates as expected. At no time was I warned I would lose my paid for quarterly maps or I would have done things differently. What can I do to retrieve my quarterly maps?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    Call support:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,502 Superusers
    Hi
    Cool ….. I like the new Multi login :)
    I logged out of MyDrive then logged in with my GO 825 live credentials... "Connected" my devices one by one… all good...
    Updated my old Via 120 live speed cams and QuickGPSFix and my old GO 825 live speed cams, QuickGPSFix and MapShare

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

- Plug the NAV2 device to MDC with NAV3 login credentials?
    - Use TT Home to update NAV2 device with NAV3 device's credentials?

I wanted to keep NAV2 username and password. What is the process?
  • justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,094 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I don't think NAV2 devices CAN (or ever will be) accessed via MDC and I'm assuming this new version of MDC is for NAV3 and NAV4 devices which already use MDC. (Julian??)

Question for Julian and team:-
    Does TT anticipate doing the same thing with TTHome for us who have more than one NAV2 device?
    According to Julian's announcement, you CAN have one Nav 2 device among the 10 maximum devices included using one Email address in MyDriveConnect.

That said, if you choose to do so, there is no option to have all the stuff (additional car icons, colour schemes, poi sets, etc. available when using Home as the interface.
  • canvinhcanvinh Posts: 1,498 [Exalted Pioneer]
    They said "The maximum of devices that can be associated is 10 devices. Among those 10 devices 1 device can be a device updated with TomTom HOME."

I am more interested in handling of a NAV2 and a NAV3 device. I could update my NAV2 device using TT Home. The issue is to use 1 email address and password.

Other users would add on iOS, Android, watches.
    Hi

Perhaps it detects the NAV2 device and loads Tomtom Home or MyDriveConnect if it detects a Nav3 or 4 device ???

ATB YFM

YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi

Perhaps it detects the NAV2 device and loads Tomtom Home or MyDriveConnect if it detects a Nav3 or 4 device ???

ATB YFM

FIIK but hopefully we will hear back from "the team" to clarify this??
    Being very much a newbie to posting on-line, aged and out of date at the same time, I'm afraid I don't understand your abbreviations. (i.e. ATB YFM and FIIK). Could you help in this respect.

I've contacted the "team" and between us we have come to an amicable arrangement to recompense me for the loss of map updates. A very easy and pleasant conversation with the team member.
  • justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,094 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    SpiderWeb wrote:
    Being very much a newbie to posting on-line, aged and out of date at the same time, I'm afraid I don't understand your abbreviations. (i.e. ATB YFM and FIIK). Could you help in this respect.

I've contacted the "team" and between us we have come to an amicable arrangement to recompense me for the loss of map updates. A very easy and pleasant conversation with the team member.

Please tell us more about "we have come to an amicable arrangement to recompense me for the loss of map updates" as I'm sure there are plenty more deserving cases out there who would like any inside info/light you can shed on this?

FIIK = F****d If I Know, ATB + All The Best, YFM = various silly textspeak things (incl YamFazMan) !
    I'm glad to shed light on the amicable arrangement. As for the abbreviations - I'm surprised at you, and you being a REVEREND Pioneer too. Wash you mouth out with a pint of best. Reminds me of my apprenticeship days when England had an engineering industry and nearly everyone used the F word. Thanks for the abbreviation translations anyway.

The Tom Tom team member said they couldn't give a refund on my map updates. I'd left it far too late - this I realised. I know when I added my new device something didn't go as expected. However, in a round-a-bout fashion I managed to get a UK map on my unit instead of the Western Europe which I had deleted (I would never travel in Europe anyway). The team member and I had a good conversation as they explained to me the problems I had generated that had occurred which was unusual from their viewpoint too. In short, I messed up. However my loss value was about 14 pounds and they gave me updates to safety cameras to a value almost 20 pounds. I was happy with that. That's the best I can do with an explanation. Everyone gets old, (if you're lucky), and things appear to become complicated and I expect this situation is such an example. Many thanks again.
    Hi SpiderWeb

+1

All The Best YamFazMan

This morning the New MyDrive notified me of a MapShare for my Via 120 Live... All good downloaded and installed without a hitch

ATB YFM

Changes in the main window are the same as your window. Once logged in, I get a message which says "Connecting to Device".

Then I get a window which says "MY DEVICES" "Select a device that you want to manage" but there are no devices there.
    There's a box with "Add a Device".

When I click on that it takes me to this window:

How to connect:
    Connect your device directly to your computer using the USB cable supplied with your device.
    Switch your device on.
    Tip: ONLY use the USB cable supplied with your device. Other USB cables may not work. You should plug the USB cable directly into a USB port on your computer and not into a USB hub or USB port on a keyboard or monitor. Do not use the mount to connect your device to your computer.

If I unplug my device and plug it back in again, it starts again from "Connecting to Device".

Then I get a window which says "MY DEVICES" "Select a device that you want to manage" but there are no devices there.
    There's a box with "Add a Device".

When I click on that it takes me to this window:

How to connect:
    Connect your device directly to your computer using the USB cable supplied with your device.
    Switch your device on.
    Tip: ONLY use the USB cable supplied with your device. Other USB cables may not work. You should plug the USB cable directly into a USB port on your computer and not into a USB hub or USB port on a keyboard or monitor. Do not use the mount to connect your device to your computer.

I've been on YouTube and a video said to go to Devices and Printers and right click on the TomTom box and "Troubleshoot". This says that it has fixed a problem but I go back around in circles again as above.

I've tried this on and off for almost 2 years now and I'm getting a little bored.

Also, I've tried registering again but - the same results.

Any more ideas?
    Do you have the latest version of MyDriveConnect? (2658)
  • Bemused and PerplexedBemused and Perplexed Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks for your response.

It's 4.1.0.2658

I download it again, every time I try it in the hope that that will work!!!!!!!!
    Well, call support when open then:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Maps Updates and Live

I got my first Tomtom… Then another four or five
    Each, needs another Email, for Maps Updates and Live
    There were grumbles on the forum, “How can I survive”
    I’ve only got ONE Email, for Maps Updates and Live
    Heads were put together, a solution must be found
    MyDrive One-to-Many, was released and loaded down
    Joy and jubilation as I connected one to five
    It “Works” We only need ONE Email, for Maps Updates and Live :)

ATB YFM

I have had a Start 25 on my account for a couple of years without any problems, family members were fighting over it so I bought another one 'refurbished' on Amazon for £49 Black Friday. The first is a UK lifetime map and the new one is WE lifetime maps, can your service handle both devices?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,521 Superuser
    @cerrighedd

The maps, and other subscriptions, are licenced to each device by using the serial number.
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • toymantoyman Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Thats timely, Just added a 3rd device to my account today! Great to be able to view them all and interchange between them. I have a device in Malaysia which I use while on hols. (Before I upgraded the map, while going over Penang bridge no. 2, the screen shows me driving over the water! Should have taken a photo). The others I use here, one as a back up. I've got a few older devices probly no point in linking them!