TomTom 4EN52 Z1230 GPS issue — TomTom Community

TomTom 4EN52 Z1230 GPS issue

Morning.TomTom 4EN52 Z1230 stopped updating coordinates.If you go to GPS status in the main menu,it shows active satellites, but doesn't refresh coordinates. Thus no route planning available. Software? Is this repairable? Thank You.

Comments

• justbrowsingjustbrowsing Posts: 3,094 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    There's no such device as 4EN52, please see here & then tell us what MODEL you have http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508

• GRIFFONGRIFFON Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Finally managed to get the model.It is the TomTom Start25.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,183 Superusers
    Is the battery fully charged? When did you last get a gpsquickfix file from MyDriveConnect?
    Hi, battery OK, but never updated the unit since I bought it.Guess it is worth a try.Thank You.
    Managed to get the tomtom working.After the update ,nothing happened.Then did a software recovery via the Internet, successful! Thanx for the assistance.
  • BluehowzBluehowz Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    My 4EN52 is a Z1230..
    There is no such model as you refer to. See here to identify the model properly:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9521/c/2355

(make sure the country flag is set to Canada).
    The Tomtom was bought in Texas...
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,579 Superuser
    @Bluehowz

"BQ" > VIA 1510/1515, 8GB + micro-SDHC, and uses MyDrive Connect
    Support:

1 866 486 6866
    Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
    Saturday: 09:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m EST
  • AIVIAAIVIA Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    I to have a 4EN52 Z1230. I know there is another name for this device's model but am I the only one that sees how ludicrous it is to manufacture a device, include a label with the words: Model: 4EN52 Z1230, when that is not used in any way to identify this device?!

Your tool on https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508 identifies my device (starting with the serial number BQ) as a Via 1515? but after a few minutes I revisited the link and BQ is now a Start 25.

Someone in design and production needs to get their act together if you ask me.
    A Start 25 in Europe = a Via 1515 in North America.
  • AIVIAAIVIA Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Apologies for my previous use of "to" when I obviously meant "too". I recently bought my fifth TomTom device and have been happy with them through the years. I still am disappointed with weak and changing model numbers. Even if advertising "Gurus" find it necessary to rename models by country. If it were my company, (TomTom), I would simply track all support links for my products by the actual labeled model name or number so all that purchase my GPS equipment could easily without charts and tables determine what the heck they bought. I do realize there are ways to find out, but my question is simply why is that extra level of confusion necessary?