MyDrive Web- Export a .GPX file?

Michael ZMichael Z Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 31 in MyDrive Connect
Hi,

Next week I have to set out a drive for me and my friends. I planned a trip using MyDrive, which worked wonderfully. It sync with mij Rider 410. No problems so far. But now I want to e-mail the GPX-file to my friend so they can set it on there SatNav's. but I seem to only be able to import a GPX-file to MyDrive. Can I export the file from my-drive so that I can e-mail it?

regards,

Michael Z

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 6,228 [Moderator]
    Hi Michael Z

Welcome to the forum and sorry about the late response.

Unfortunately the feature to export a GPX file is not available in MyDrive at this point, but I have logged your request/feedback so it can be passed on to the concerned team.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 293 [Superuser]
    I don't have a rider but wonder if as on my GO5000 having synced the Track to your Rider from My Drive can you not then:-

Select My Routes on the Rider
    Select Share Tracks
    Select tracks you want to share

In order to do this I have to have the Map relative to the Track on the Internal memory. Have heard however you may not have to on the Rider. Then you put a new SD card, which can be quite small ie 1gb, in and when it asks you to format it select for Tracks.

Once you have transferred the track to the SD card you can then take it out and put in computer to Email content.

Hope this works for you.
  • stevejones887stevejones887 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This is astonishing ! One of the main reasons that I bought a dedicated motorcycle satnav was to share gpx routes with friends, how can this not be a feature ! Sort this out asap please or I'll be selling the damn thing
  • meedermeeder Posts: 158 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Using mydrive connect to export .gpx files would be a great addition.
    I use the recording function to record a trip and use the log file to see where we have been during a vacation for example.
    It should be a very small addition to mydrive connect to get the files of the unit.
  • bartblackbartblack Posts: 19 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It is a pain but you have to work the other way round, use tyre to create the route and sort out all of the waypoints and road choices and then save as a GPX, then open my drive and choose to import a gpx and pick the file you saved. The MyDrive map app is pretty pointless, and Tyre works well enough for planning purposes, so far so good have built up a library of files.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 [Retired Community Staff Employee]
    Hi all,

You can now export GPX from your device to MyDrive! :D Please, see Update 7 in this FAQ.
    This is astonishing ! One of the main reasons that I bought a dedicated motorcycle satnav was to share gpx routes with friends, how can this not be a feature ! Sort this out asap please or I'll be selling the damn thing

There are a couple of ways in which you can share tracks with your fellow Rider 400 users. For more information, please see here [user manual].

Cheers, Mikko
  • DragonSlayer666DragonSlayer666 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    While it is good that you can export the routes from your navigation to myDrive, it still doesn't solve the issue. I have planned a beautiful route on MyDrive, which was perfectly transferred to my Tomtom Go app for Android. However, i want to ride this route together with a friend who owns a Tomtom rider 400. I cannot find how i can share the same route to him, will this be something to add? Especially on motorcycles it is extremely useful to be able to share the route to the other people you're riding with...
    Hi DragonSlayer,

Welcome to the forum!

The GO Mobile app indeed doesn't currently have similar sharing options. You could share via MyDrive by logging onto the same MyDrive account but that's not really a straight forward way. I'll log this as an improvement request for the product team.

Thanks for your feedback :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • DavyVLDavyVL Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I do not really consider this item solved. Exporting a route to gpx should be a couple of lines of code!

The ability to share a route from the device is nice, but in most cases most people will want to share AND VERIFY the routes before they leave on their trip. So the having the ability to export a route to gpx would be way better.

I dont want to work the other way around, because i actually prefer to use mydrive instead of the very unstable Tyre.

I suppose this feature is not implemented because of commercial considerations? (currently it is only usefull if you actually have a TomTom device, the export feature would change that). If it is a commercial consideration, if lots of people used mydrive to make routes, would it not make great advertising? ;)
  • Daniel Fornies SoriaDaniel Fornies Soria Posts: 51 [TomTom Employee]
    Hi all!
    For your information, the ability to download your saved tracks (My Routes) as .gpx files in MyDrive Web is being beta-tested at the moment, and expected to be released soon.
    cheers,
    Daniel
  • DavyVLDavyVL Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Excellent news! Thanx for the heads up Daniel.
  • chrisjkchrisjk Posts: 10 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Good news, I really need this.
    The ability to download your tracks (My Routes) as .gpx files in MyDrive Web is now released! You can give it a try :-)
    FYI, the ability to export your currently planned route as a .gpx file is being developed now and should come in our next release.
  • GEBGEB Posts: 276 [Superusers]
    The ability to download your tracks (My Routes) as .gpx files in MyDrive Web is now released! You can give it a try :-)
    wasn't already the case ?
    and I just discovered , that we can now export an existing route as a .gpx file on a PC/MAC from MyDrive Web ...
    what did I miss ?
  • h_wh_w Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes it works, but the default route name should be renamed to make it a compatible for the file system. Avoid blanks and quotes.
    Hi all,

For more information and troubleshooting tips for MyDrive, please see this FAQ. I keep updating it as new features become available :D

Cheers, Mikko
    FYI: the feature to export a route directly from your route planner as .GPX file is now being beta-tested and should be released soon. This feature won't require login.