New software v16.101 available for download in MyDrive Connect

MikkoK
MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a new v16.101 software for the START 40, 50, 60 series, GO 40, 50, 60 series, GO 400, 500, 600 / 5000, 6000 series and Trucker 5000 / 6000 devices and it's available for download in MyDrive Connect.

[h2]What's new?[/h2]
[h3]MyDrive App: Improved Route Planning[/h3]
MyDrive on your smartphone can now plan a route from any starting point. Simply tap Plan a Route in the app menu and choose your starting point and destination. For more information about this, please see here.

[h3]Volume error fixed[/h3]
We have fixed an issue where the volume dropped during turn-by-turn instructions.

[h3]Record routes as tracks[/h3]
You can now record your routes as you drive them by tapping Record from the main menu. Recorded routes get saved into the My Routes folder and can be selected on future trips. When driving recorded routes, you will not be offered faster alternatives – the feature is intended to help you drive the exact same route as when recorded.
For more information, click the spoiler.
e300a153-0de1-448c-a324-3a0752b55313.png

d0acd106-5e60-42af-9736-773808aeba7d.png

1c2cf407-143a-4667-8f5a-22b5967ba64d.png

Recorded routes can be exported from your device via SD card.

cefb6b5e-eb28-4d38-a943-a39f918012ee.png

3e16b052-0c18-4d24-add0-1fd9d2b1836e.png

1fc240d4-7977-4e6a-867f-1444b8107c39.png

[h3]Other bug fixes and improvements[/h3]
Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• lojo
    lojo Registered Users Posts: 333
    Apprentice Traveler
    You made in Sound like there is another option to export the routes. Through mydrive?

Has the "thrill" mode been long in mydrive? That is something I wouldn't mind having in the app or the Go directly. Specially due to the record mode.

Looking forward to expirience the performance improvements.
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi lojo,

That was an error. Thanks for spotting it!

Cheers, Mikko
  • Freeloader
    Freeloader Registered Users Posts: 60
    Prominent Wayfarer
    So how about an apology for making paying customers wait this long on a fix for a serious bug?
  • arichard
    arichard Registered Users Posts: 319
    Supreme Navigator
    I am wondering if the long boot time and reboot from world map screen is fixed for Go6100 with this new version 16.101?
  • pa007
    pa007 Registered Users Posts: 24
    Outstanding Explorer
    Man it's fast! 50 seconds to a map, 1 min 15 secs to full traffic data!

Great job boys and girls!
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi

All seems to have worked well. Start up and calculation of routes are faster.

You have stated that Recorded journeys can be exported via a sim card. It appears that a route worked out on my Go5000 and saved to My Routes for use later cannot be exported in the same way. Routes that I have created on 3rd Party software and saved in My Routes can be exported.Am I correct about that. If so can you add the ability to export Routes created on the unit and saved in My Routes.

Good job

Doug
  • brandles2259
    brandles2259 Registered Users Posts: 40
    Renowned Wayfarer
    recording routes what next. so now another thing to waste memory on your satnav we are already running out of hard drive space
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    recording routes what next. so now another thing to waste memory on your satnav we are already running out of hard drive space
    Not the highest priority feature in my mind, still a nice thing. The point is you don't have to use it, thus you won't use more memory.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    In case anyone is hesitant to try the new release: My very limited playing with 16.101 has found no new issues.
  • brucey
    brucey Registered Users Posts: 193
    Supreme Trailblazer
    Agree on the fast start up times when powered fully off.

Optional visibility of POI in driving view please TomTom on the next software release please and you'll keep me as a happy customer.
  • Martin359
    Martin359 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Recording my routes and not getting a faster option, will not be using that then....

How about these for more useful functions:

1. The ability to create folders so i can group my places together instead of saying 'next page' millions of times.......
    2. The ability to show my choice of POI's on the map like you used to be able to .......

Martin
  • Loaded_dog
    Loaded_dog Registered Users Posts: 331
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Reinstate POI visibility whilst driving as discussed in many other threads, or be honest with us and just tell us that you are not going to do it.

Really. what is holding you back?
  • Ovalball03
    Ovalball03 Registered Users Posts: 299
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Not long to go before a new range of sat navs are brought onto the market,with every model having the ability to show points of interest on the map screen
  • Loaded_dog
    Loaded_dog Registered Users Posts: 331
    Renowned Wayfarer
    If that happens, I will NOT purchase one to get the functionality. I will buy elsewhere.
  • fincastle84
    fincastle84 Registered Users Posts: 84
    Renowned Wayfarer
    I'm stuck at 2 mins 54 seconds. What do I do?
  • fincastle84
    fincastle84 Registered Users Posts: 84
    Renowned Wayfarer
    After I disconnected my Go6000 I exited MyDriveConnect & then relaunched it & the message says that my device is now up to date. The 6000 is working OK & the record button us installed although I can't imagine that I will ever use it.
  • cdlane
    cdlane Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Has anybody else lost all speed cameras on their device?
    GO 6100 Worldwide maps with lifetime everything...
  • Chris
    Chris Registered Users Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Martin359 wrote:
    Recording my routes and not getting a faster option, will not be using that then....
    What Mikko means is that you won't be offered a faster route when you load and then drive the saved Route, while the route is being recorded however the device will operate as normal.
  • Chris
    Chris Registered Users Posts: 934 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    big wrote:
    Not the highest priority feature in my mind, still a nice thing. The point is you don't have to use it, thus you won't use more memory.
    Hi just to clarify the Routes that are recorded on the device are mere kilobytes in size (size varies depending on the length of the route), so no need to worry about running out of space when using this feature.
  • Brian 36
    Brian 36 Registered Users Posts: 13
    Master Explorer
    Recorded routes could be useful, my old 940 Live had a ' learn ' mode that updated the route when you repeated the trip. My 6100 doesn't seem to learn anything, after doing a route multiple times you find several shortcuts that I hope ' Record '
  • Brian 36
    Master Explorer
    Should remember, I'll certainly give it a try.
    How can I edit a post after it's gone?
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    There should be a pencil icon on thre right side of the posting box. Believe it is active for 15 minutes after the initial post to make editing changes.

Later.............

I have been corrected. :D The editing time is one hour.
  • yoyo5757
    yoyo5757 Registered Users Posts: 166
    Master Explorer
    Ovalball03 wrote:
    Not long to go before a new range of sat navs are brought onto the market,with every model having the ability to show points of interest on the map screen

Hi can you please explain what you mean by not long to go? What is this based on?
  • jotashark
    jotashark Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Has anybody else lost all speed cameras on their device?
    GO 5100
  • Brian 36
    Master Explorer
    Can't see a pencil at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.