New GO Mobile for iPhone v1.1 available for download in iTunes AppStore — TomTom Community

New GO Mobile for iPhone v1.1 available for download in iTunes AppStore

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a new v1.1 of the GO Mobile for iPhone and it's available for download in the iTunes AppStore.

[h3]What’s new?[/h3]
  • Navigate to Contacts: Never memorize an address again. Select a contact from your list and the app will plan your route.
  • New menu shortcuts: Easier access to your most frequent destinations. Plan routes to Home or open the list of Recent Destinations directly from the main menu.
  • Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• Andre OliveiraAndre Oliveira Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    We pay less than Android users? So, why we have versions without the same features?
  • GordMGordM Posts: 50 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Great first step in the right direction. Thanks.
  • SoundieSoundie Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Mikko, can you direct us how to find the navigate to contacts feature?
  • cdridercdrider Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Soundie wrote:
    Mikko, can you direct us how to find the navigate to contacts feature?

3 buttons at bottom left>My Places>Contacts
    Hi. Go to My Places. It will be the third item down after Home and Recent Destinations.
  • SoundieSoundie Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Aha - thanx :)
  • ActorsStudioTeatroActorsStudioTeatro Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please, add cutom pois and view pois in the map...
  • hanschenghanscheng Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Mikkok,

Just wondering....still could't find TomTom Go Mobile app on Taiwan app store.
    I'm planning to have a Europe salf-drive trip next month.
    How do I get TomTom nav?!

Cheers,
  • jgjgjgjgjgjg Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The navigation to contacts only appears to select a very limited selection of the contacts not the full list ?
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    I have 2 contact groups - "personal" (about 30) and "work" (about 300).
    Is it possible to either choose which contact group to use or search for a name as currently all the contacts are listed which makes it cumbersome trying to find the required contact address?
  • jobbersjobbers Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
  • DemonLeeDemonLee Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This is a joke yes?

I purchased outright the iPhone App for TomTom Western Europe - when I went to use it 2 weeks ago it advised me to upgrade the app to the New TomTom GO.... luckily for me I spotted before completing this 'upgrade', that not only is it NOT an upgrade, it is a wholly new APP, you would then want to charge me on a 'per trip basis' - you have to be kidding....

This is FALSE representation alleging something is an upgrade when in fact it would wipe out and REMOVE the app I paid you for that works perfectly well - please confirm that you will continue to support the TOMTOM WESTERN EUROPE iPhone app with Map updates etc.
  • tripmtripm Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    we need to have the ability to search for a contact, not just see a full list of some of our contacts - also not sure why this isn't available from the search button. When you do find a contact after scrolling through a long list, if there are multiple addresses available, several are often say 'not found' even if that address CAN be found when entered manually.
    I have the same issue. Some say "not found" and others are found. *All* are found in the previous TomTom app.
  • JG71JG71 Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    tripm wrote:
    we need to have the ability to search for a contact, not just see a full list of some of our contacts - also not sure why this isn't available from the search button. When you do find a contact after scrolling through a long list, if there are multiple addresses available, several are often say 'not found' even if that address CAN be found when entered manually.

Yes perhaps contacts should be integrated into the "search" option, as well/instead?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    HI all,

Thanks for all your feedback regarding the contacts feature!

I've logged it all and will be reporting it to the product team. For more information about this feature, please see

Planning a route with the GO Mobile app for iPhone using a contact

Cheers, Mikko
  • RobodonsterRobodonster Posts: 23 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Android app got upated to use mydrive for sync routes when is the iOS going to be updated with sync with mydrive?

Thanks
  • Matze177Matze177 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Wondering when the native iPad-support will be available again. Coming from TomTom Europe this my primary concern. The display format and upscaled version is just awful. :(The rest of the app works fine and I can live with the missing features of which some are already coming back.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0