Neophyte Explorer
tandre
Re: New TomTom Navigation app for iPhone/iPad - v1.10

owner of Tomtom for iphone French version, I am deeply upset about the way you've integrated Facebook in the app ! I don't want to share all my travel details with Facebook ! I don't even own a facebook account ! Can you please make these "sharing" features totally independant for each service, totally optional ?

Also : still waiting for the "dangerous zones" update (replacing radar location). You tell us it will be available in the spring, but that is rather vague. Can you be more specific about the launch date ?

(1,926 Views)
Bogi
Kudos: 195
Solutions: 42

tandre wrote:

owner of Tomtom for iphone French version, I am deeply upset about the way you've integrated Facebook in the app ! I don't want to share all my travel details with Facebook ! I don't even own a facebook account ! Can you please make these "sharing" features totally independant for each service, totally optional ?

If you don't have a facebook account nothing can and will be shared with facebook, and even if you would have one there is nothing which is shared automatically, you then must actively share your position, route or whatever.

zillss2003

Hi. Which version of map (8.85 or newer/older) is integrated into TomTom Navigation app for iPhone/iPad - v1.10?

(1,908 Views)
Novice Explorer
Bfpo
[ Edited ]

A short video to my "Searching for a local street that begins with H problem".

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71064062/TomTom%20v1.10.avi

Does anyone else have this problem?

(I live in Germany..... So can someone else with TomTom Europe try and Search for a street that starts with H in a City called Walsrode in Germany?
It doesn't matter where I am, it just crashes when I search for it.)

Bfpo
(1,898 Views)
Neophyte Explorer
brutis

Checked out your video then I tried searching H addresses here in NZ and it was ok so sorry couldn't replicate the problem you are having.

(1,879 Views)
Novice Explorer
fritz_s

Hi, upgraded to v1.10 and then downgraded to previous version. This version appears to be the Vista version of TT. Whoever thought that I wanted to share whatever I do? Plan a route to my contacts no longer possible? Well, let's be positve. somewhere, someone must have given the new version lost of thoughts, too bad they did not include the users.

(1,868 Views)
Novice Explorer
fritz_s

"you then must actively share your position, route or whatever", must??

Where did the possibility go' plan a route to my contact? I am not really interested in where the rest of the world travels and I most definitely do not want to share that with anybody else.

(1,862 Views)
Bogi

fritz_s wrote:

"you then must actively share your position, route or whatever", must??

Where did the possibility go' plan a route to my contact? I am not really interested in where the rest of the world travels and I most definitely do not want to share that with anybody else.

With "Must" I mean that if you want to share anything you are the one who must act, the app doesn't share anything without the user acting.

To plan a route to a contact use

navigate to / person / contact

Bfpo wrote:

A short video to my "Searching for a local street that begins with H problem".

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71064062/TomTom%20v1.10.avi

Does anyone else have this problem?

(I live in Germany..... So can someone else with TomTom Europe try and Search for a street that starts with H in a City called Walsrode in Germany?
It doesn't matter where I am, it just crashes when I search for it.)

I tried to reproduce that but I couldn't, the app doesn't crash when I use

navigate to / adress / Walsrode as city / h

Currently I can not see your video (the url is blocked where I currently am) so if my way is the way your app crashes then try to reinstall it. If not, can you provide me with the steps that lead to a crash on your iphone ?

Bfpo
[ Edited ]

The video shows all you need, but seen as you can't see it at the moment, I'll describe it.

I have an iPhone 4 iOS 5.01 (Don't want 5.1 yet). TomTom Europe V1.10 is now installed, previously V1.9 which functioned without a problem.

It doesn't matter when or where I do this, but it's nothing special..... I try to navigate to Walsrode as the City.... and then it asks for a street name. I can type in any of the 26 letters in the (English) alphabet as the first letter except "H" which crashes the App! There's more than 1 street here beginning with "H", but I'll use Hermann-Lons-Str as an example. I've even driven out of the Walsrode area just to check if it was a "locale" problem, but it still crashed when I searched.

I have uninstalled the App, restarted the phone, re-installed, and it made no difference! Is it something to do with physically being in Germany why you can't reproduce it? I managed to set my home location (a street beginning with "H" by clicking on the map. Does the App draw resources from a server for routing and there's maybe a problem there?

It's frustrating! V1.9 worked with no problems..... V1.10 was supposeded to be an improvement..... and V1.9 is no longer available to downgrade.

Bfpo
(1,825 Views)