Neophyte Explorer
geezafong
Accepted Solution
No GPS signal : SOLUTION

Like most of you with no GPS signal I had the same problem. Please update your devices. I just did and my Tom Tom Start 25 is back to its so called former glory. There is a new Navcore update to 11.036.919521.74. Please dont be afraid as you have nothing to loose.

Leap year, day light saving, solar flare, definitely navcore software.

Stop moaning and get over it. Problem solved for now anyway.

Goodluck PPL

Neophyte Explorer
geezafong
Re: No GPS signal : SOLUTION
Neophyte Explorer
carlosd

my via 1400 still not working after this update....bull**bleep** tomtom ....ive only had it for a couple of days  and taking it back to staples, i will stick with the Garmin.

Prominent Wayfarer
Zo

I just updated and took a quick trip to the grocery store and it seems to be working now.

But, *BLEEP* TomTom -- I had to use my Cell Phone when this whole mess started.  Lucky that worked to get me home and not miss my appointments.

All the more reason never to buy another TomTom.  Next Tuesday it will be a year with this TomTom POS!

Neophyte Explorer
geezafong

Same here, my android phone is twice as powerful and is HD resolution. Only buy Tom Tom again as software for my mobile, still waiting for that (available for iPhone why not android). Google navigation is basic but it gets you there and has alot more features.

Although TT is back on track, i'll still run my mobile along side as backup. Dont feel so confident about TT anymore.

Novice Explorer
MtMotorhome

Get over what? My tomtom 1005 World (two months old) has been updated and still does not work. Nor will it reset (drum roll) or start without it being connected. This is beginning to look like a waste of money. New customers BEWARE. Come on Tomtom or is this the beginning of the end of Tomtom

MrMotorhome
Novice Explorer
sonson69

I have downloaded the app that Tom Tom has given and its still not working,been like this since 31/03 and i need it for work,getting really pissed off now arrgghh

geezafong wrote:

Like most of you with no GPS signal I had the same problem. Please update your devices. I just did and my Tom Tom Start 25 is back to its so called former glory. There is a new Navcore update to 11.036.919521.74. Please dont be afraid as you have nothing to loose.

Leap year, day light saving, solar flare, definitely navcore software.

Stop moaning and get over it. Problem solved for now anyway.

Goodluck PPL

any suggestions of what to do apart from throw it through the window and never buy another TT...stop moaning ????its not moaning M8 its called money that i havent got to waste on a new purchase

Apprentice Explorer
No_GPS_Signal

I have a One XL which has worked fine till this weekend. Now I appear to be the proud owner of a very expensive backlit paperweight. If I had a different model, it seems I would have a fix for the "leap year bug" TomTom claim is the problem. As it is, there is no fix and TomTom say my model is now not supported... not by phone, email, or anything. Gee, thanks TomTom. I have bought three of your machines in recent years (the first cost me over $1000!), but you can bet your ass this will be the last one. Like many others, I will be spending my money with Garmin in future if this is the way you treat loyal customers.

New Traveler
zebedee

Bought the device 2 days ago.

Spent 2 days trying to download the 'fix'. Have not yet used it at all.

Approx 5 hours of download time.

Switch it on again and now there appears to be nothing, other than a request to insert memory card for maps (don't have one) or 'there is a problem with your device. Contact customer services' (if only I could).

I needed this for my holiday at the weekend.

Tomorrow I shall be returing it to the shop as it's 'not fit for purpose'

Did someone say Garmin was better?

Novice Explorer
jj1010

Just did an hours worth of updates, still can not get a valid GPS signal