No GPS signal
13-04-2012 03:32 PM
Hi again all,
This is a continuation of this thread which has reached nearly 2000 posts.
Since Saturday 31st March some devices have been having issues getting a GPS signal. We have identified the root cause of the issue which has caused some of our GPS models to not get a GPS position. The issue is caused by a bug in a third party chip.
Please see this FAQ on how to get the GPS signal restored.
We have also created this video to help you with the installation:
- Check that the latest 11.037 application version has been installed to your device.
- If version 11.037 isn't on your device, try clearing the cache in MyTomTom and redownload.
- To clear the cache click on the TomTom icon in the lower-right corner of your computer screen to open the MyTomTom support application. Then click Settings, select the Cache tab, click Empty the cache and finally click Save settings.
- If you have been unable to get the software update using Internet Explorer, you might want to try another browser, such as Firefox or Chrome. You can also try using Internet Explorer in compatibility mode.
- If you have version 11.037 of the application installed, and still have no GPS signal, manually reset the device until you hear the drum sound and check the connection outdoors. It is generally not possible to receive a GPS signal indoors.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your attention.
Help others identify useful content:
- Did someone answer your question? Click Accept as Solution
- Did someone post something helpful? Click the kudos button
Need help with your TomTom device?
Add details about the TomTom device to your post: Device name, Application- and Map version.