Neophyte Traveler
spotcom
Go 820 - Can't Update Map - Not Enough Memory

Hi

My TomTom tells me I have a new update available. When I click on "Start Downloading", I got this message: "

Not enough memory available
You currently don't have enough free memory available on your device to install this content.

I've tried a number of things, including: 

I tried installing a 4GB microSD card, and it formatted it all fine. I rebooted the device by holding down the button until the drums sounded. I cleared the cache in the software.

Still no joy updating though - still says it doesn't have enough free memory.

When I click on "Manage Content" under My TomTom, it shows that the device memory is full, but the SD card is nearly empty.

I can see I have two maps on the device - Europe & Australia. Australia is active. I can't see any way of deleting a map or moving it from the device to the SD card.

Any tips?

Using a Mac by the way, and Safari - if that makes any difference? Also have the latest version of the TomTom software - 3.2.0.794

Zsolt
Kudos: 2,345
Solutions: 543
Re: Go 820 - Can't Update Map - Not Enough Memory
Try to use another browser (Firefox, Chrome or Opera). What is the software version on your GO?

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12214/

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Neophyte Traveler
spotcom

The device app is 11.037.920860

Actually, I've had a look at the update it wants me to download - I don't think it's a map. It's:

Version 12.035 (Start 20/25, Via 100, 1000 series (except Via 130/135), GO 800, 1000, 2000 series (except GO LIVE 1005/1015)

It still doesn't solve my problem though - it won't let me update. 

Zsolt
Kudos: 2,345
Solutions: 543

Try to give a call to customer services, 2nd line. They can remove one of your map, and then you can re-install it to the memory card.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Neophyte Traveler
spotcom

What a nuisance.

I guess that's what I'll have to do?

Does anyone from TomTom monitor this forum - if so, can you post up the instructions on how to move past this?

By the way, I tried this on a Windows PC using Chrome and got the same result so I'd be betting that it's a device issue rather than a browser issue.

Supreme Trailblazer
martin86

Can you check and post here which map is installed on your device and which map is offered to you via MyTomTom ?