Novice Explorer
mtien

question about red light camera alert

i find it useful in knowing that i'm approaching an intersection that might have cameras, but does tomtom show an icon at the intersection where the camera is located or does it simply alert you by sound to let you know that you're approaching one?

sorry, i wan't paying too much attention to my gps to find out since i was driving.

also, the compass shown on the gps, is it pointing to the direction you're traveling?

i was traveling east bound, yet the compass is pointing north? kind of puzzling.

btw, i'm using xxl540. thanks.

i'm still learning the ins and outs of the device.

Message 1 of 3 (718 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
spider362

Re: question about red light camera alert

[ Edited ]

mtien wrote:

i find it useful in knowing that i'm approaching an intersection that might have cameras, but does tomtom show an icon at the intersection where the camera is located or does it simply alert you by sound to let you know that you're approaching one?

sorry, i wan't paying too much attention to my gps to find out since i was driving.

The TomTom will show an icon at the location where the camera is and will also show an icon in the upper left corner and will show distance from you to the camera.

also, the compass shown on the gps, is it pointing to the direction you're traveling?

The compass always point north. However, this can cause some confusion in one of the display views, especially

the "2D map - north at the top", but be assured, the compass needle will ALWAYS point north.

i was traveling east bound, yet the compass is pointing north? kind of puzzling.

The easiest way to assure yourself that the compass needle is pointing in the correct direction is to lay the device flat on the seat, not standing up vertical, and drive around the block or in a large circle in a parking lot. It will also help if you have a magnetic compass you can lay beside it.

Again, the "2D map - north at the top" display seems to be the one that gives most people trouble understanding.

btw, i'm using xxl540. thanks.

i'm still learning the ins and outs of the device.

-------------------------------------------
Device: XXL540TM
Device App Version: 9.430.890926
Map Version: USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P v885.4097
TomTom Home version: 2.8.3.2499
Message 2 of 3 (707 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
mtien

Re: question about red light camera alert

thank you for your prompt and thorough answers.

Message 3 of 3 (702 Views)
Please use plain text.