Apprentice Traveler
justme

my new tomtom stop working after download map updates

just got a new tomtom XXL M and after downloading the code for lifetime updates the screen reads "no maps found" every time i turn it on, i've already tried the option "my xxl" in my tomtom home but nothing,please help...

Message 1 of 5 (1,480 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
sallor225

Re: my new tomtom stop working after download map updates

Is your device not working or are you not getting any updates? You may already have the most recent update. Let us know.

Help others identify useful content:
- Did someone answer your question? Click Accept as Solution
- Did someone post something helpful? Click the kudos star .....

TomTom XXL 540TM Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN traffic
Message 2 of 5 (1,462 Views)
Please use plain text.
Renowned Trailblazer
zeus15

justme wrote:

just got a new tomtom XXL M and after downloading the code for lifetime updates the screen reads "no maps found" every time i turn it on, i've already tried the option "my xxl" in my tomtom home but nothing,please help...

Are you using "My TomTom" or "TomTom HOME"? You should be using TT HOME.

Forums can be helpful!
Message 3 of 5 (1,443 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
justme

i am not getting any updates,after downloaded the code for maps usa,canada and mexico the screen went blank and only reads "no maps found" and there is no any other option to get out of that screen

Message 4 of 5 (1,438 Views)
Please use plain text.
Renowned Trailblazer
zeus15

I am not sure what you mean by you "downloaded the code for maps". Do you mean you provided the activation code in TomTom HOME? Before doing that, you should have used "Update my XXL" in TomTom HOME.

You need the latest Application, which could have been offered in "Update my XXL", in order to get updated maps. You do not need the Activation code, at this point, to get updates. You have thirty days, after the device is first turned on, to get a free Map update.

Make a backup of your device to your computer, before you do any updates. Do not rely on TomTom HOME for the backup.

The following is from TomTom's Support website. To be clear, do not delete the "Maps" folder, if you have one. Delete the USA, Canada and Mexico folder. The size of the updated USA, Canada and Mexico map is 1.5 GB. The latest Application version is 9.061, and the latest map version is 8.70 for the XXL 540, at this point in time.

Here is the link:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10076/kw/maps%20not%20found

Newer maps are not readable by older device software.  Please upgrade your TomTom application to the latest version.

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of TomTom HOME installed.
    • If TomTom HOME is already installed click on Help > Check for TomTom HOME Update.
    • If you do not have TomTom HOME installed, you can download the program fromwww.tomtom.com/home.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Open TomTom HOME.
  4. If updates are not offered automatically, click on Update my device.
  5. Download all available updates, restart your device and then reconnect your device to the computer.
  6. When the updates have finished installing use Device > Disconnect Device.
  7. Repeat steps 4 through 6 until the update window shows 'No Items Available'.

Now that you are up to date with your application, check to see if the device still displays the No Maps Found error under normal operation.

If the error persists:

Please check to ensure that your map has downloaded completely.

1. Locate the Map folder on your device.  The map folder is in the root directory of your TomTom device. It is named after the region which your map covers (e.g.North_America).

2. Check the size of the folder

• Windows: right-click and choose Properties.
  • Macintosh:  + I

3. Use the following link to determine what the appropriate size of your map should be on the device:

http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/select.php

These numbers should be close to each other but do not need to be exactly the same to represent a complete map file (e.g. a map ofUSA_and_Canada should be 840MB or greater). If the map is incomplete, you will need to download the map again.

4. Check that the correct files are located inside your map folder.

• Cline.dat
  • Cname.dat
  • Cnode.dat
  • Faces.dat
  • Mapinfo.dat
  • Poi.dat
  • Tables.dat
  • Tmccodes.dat
  • Traffic.dat
  • <mapname>.meta (only map v705 or higher will have/need this file)
  • <mapname>.meta.dct (only map v705 or higher will have/need this file)
  • <mapname>.pna

If any of these files are missing, follow the steps below.

1. Copy the existing map folder to your computer.
  2. Delete the map folder from the device.
  3. Open TomTom HOME.
  4. Check for updates.
  5. The map should be available for download.
  6. If it is not available for download, please contact customer service (we recommend that you have proof of purchase available at the time of the call).
  7. If you download the map again and you are still receiving the No Maps Found error, please ensure that nothing else on this page is a possible cause and contact Customer Support if necessary.
Before downloading your map again, be sure to turn off the hibernate/sleep feature on your computer.

Forums can be helpful!
Message 5 of 5 (1,419 Views)
Please use plain text.